To all who were praying for our little Boo on Thursday morning, thank you so much. We were at the hospital at six-twenty am for the procedure, and he was taken back for the surgery (which is what they refer to it as) by 8:30. It was funny to see Asher on the valium that they gave him to calm him down, but not so fun when it wore off and we still had to wait for the Doctor to show up. He was running really late that morning.
There were a few snags in the procedure, mostly not being able to start an IV line even after 9 sticks. The poor little thing looks like he has a bad habit now, with marks all on his hands and feet and elbows. Not having an IV in can be a very bad thing for this procedure with the risk of the throat reacting badly to the scope and swelling shut. But they were ready with injectable drugs and, even better did not have to use them.
Asher took a while to come out of the anesthesia, and was quite grumpy which was expected. The Dr. took a few biopsies of the lesions in Asher's esophogus to be tested further. Please keep praying for him as we head back to the Gastro Dr next week for the results and were we go from there. Likely it will be either more extensive allergy appointments, or an appointment with an Immunologist depending on what the biopsies show.
Now, Asher seems perfectly fine. He has some episodes of screaming still, had one this morning, but I think we are finally going to find out what is causing it all soon.
Next post- A fun spontaneous family trip and hopefully some pictures!
2 comments:
Danielle - I am so so sorry I didn't even ask you about it this morning! Keith and I were both praying for your little boy Thursday. Thank you for sharing the details of his day - we'll continue to pray as you wait for answers. Lord willing, there will be a diagnosis soon. I know it's hard to see a little one scream and not know why.
Glad to hear the update...I was just getting ready to email you about it. I'm happy for you guys that the procedure is finally over and that answers are coming soon! I'll keep praying!!!
Post a Comment