I dont have to look far to see true suffering and hardship, so I do need to keep all my "trials" in perspective, they don't even register on the scale of hardshipness, if there is one!
But I recently wrote in my journal one morning the words to this worship song:
Your Grace-by Andy Park
Your Grace opens the way That I might draw near to you, with my heart full of faith.
Your Grace is all undeserved. Though there are times I fail, Still you are with me.
Your Grace, lightens my load, gives me the strength I need to keep walking this road.
Your grace is ALL that I need. Though I am weak Your Grace is Mighty within me!
chorus-
Your amazing Grace is perfectly free. Day by day your grace empowering me
To please you in all things, to walk in your ways
Completely forgiven-And its all by your grace
Bridge-
I want to walk in a manner that's worthy of the calling you've given to me!
I want to walk in a manner that's worthy of the Gospel
This song has been, by God's grace, playing in the radio of my mind. It is my prayer on days like these, which I have many of, that I would not be self sufficient but rely wholly on my savior for the grace to walk out this calling of motherhood, homeschooling teacher, wife and above all daughter of the Lord in a pleasing and God glorifying way. God is all that I need. Now a nice nap would help and Joel bringing home dinner from the take out at the supermarket, like I mean to ask him to when he calls from work are defidently blessings, but God's grace is sufficient for me, HIS power is made perfect in my weakness. Thank you Jesus. Your grace will carry me thru this small trial of being tired and having lots to do, and your grace will get me thru the larger trials that are promised me in your word. You're always faithful.
I feel better already.
2 comments:
Danielle ~ I was grateful to read through those lyrics of that song - thank you for posting them - we've been going through a challenging season of sickness too (I have a sinus infection this week as well). God is always kind though and and I'm so grateful for his love and all things are for our good! -- Hope to see you again soon!
Thanks Danielle, for posting this.
I can relate to weeks like these... 'And that often leads to lots of sin on my part. Impatience, anger and not trusting in God's good plan.' ...and being in this place, too.
God is very gracious to me and my family,and yet I can be so quick to see what's not there instead of all that IS there... and sinning in my pride, selfishness and self-sufficiency is an outbreak of that sinful attitude...
'Grace is all undeserved. Though there are times I fail, Still you are with me.Your Grace, lightens my load, gives me the strength I need to keep walking this road'
... Thanks for the reminder about that! I'm going to print out that song to keep with my journal ;)
Post a Comment