Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Days and Valentines

A self portrait after our night of sledding. Not the best shot, but we sure had fun!

( Our little Valentines. Joel hid hearts in the house for the kids to find. The prize? Cute little boxes of chocolates. Benny had a hard time finding his, but was so happy to get the candy. Elijah didn't get any candy from us, but Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop didn't leave him out! Thank you for the candy-we love you both!)


What a few days we have had here! Shoveling out of the driveway (thank you Goodman family for letting Joel use the snowblower!) and helping neighbors do the same, only to have the plow come and undo all that work. But it was neat to see all the neighborhood men working together.



We all went sledding on Tuesday evening before the ice started. Even Elijah came-his first time out in the snow, and I think he loved it. He can say "snow" now and thinks it tastes yummy! He looked like a little marshmellow man. It was such fun to take Ben and Elijah down on the sled with me, I hadn't been sledding since we moved here, five years ago. When we came in I made fun pink pancakes for dinner. I dyed them pink with a spoonful of strawberry Koolaid mix. Then cut them with a heart cookie cutter. I think the kids liked them more than us adults, but it was fun.



Wednesday and today were snow days for Joel. I love having a teacher hubby! We stayed up late playing games and talking together, and had the chance to sleep in a bit in the morning. Joel and Nate are also working on their car for the cubscout pine wood derby coming up this weekend. I made a valentine cake for the kids and loaves of pumpkin bread for our neighbors. The kids had fun delivering valentines to the neighbors out shoveling the snow, they made cards to go with the bread. Joel was sweet and brought home beautiful flowers for me and boxes of candy for the kids tuesday evening. And he suprised me with a Pajama-gram! I never even heard of this, but it was such fun to get a package in the mail, and find really cute jammies and a lavender sachet and a nice card. Thank you Joel-e! Your'e my favorite Valentine! God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and I love you hole punches!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your blog is my new favorite blog to "stalk" :) I love your posts and you always include such great holiday/fun ideas. Hope you don't mind if I steal some of them :) xoxo