Monday, June 4, 2007

Yay!!! Pictures!!!

Our Family with my little flower girl, Nicole, on her High-School graduation! She graduated First in her class (ok, she is the only one in her homeschool class!)But still isn't she a beautiful young lady?? congratulations Nicole!



A final Bow after a fine performance involving a Brave Knight (Jerem), a ferocious dragon (they are biblical you know) played by Nate, and the magical dancing fairy (not biblical) who saves the day with her magic dust played by Miss Rachael. Really,h they thought of all this themselves!


my tuckered out little Boo-Boo. He fell asleep with sandwich still in his hand. I can't believe he is 18 months already!


Well, summer sure feels like it has arrived, even though it doesn't officially start for a few more weeks. It has been warm here but we have mostly been enjoying it. The kids have spent some time splashing in our little pool, and I have a great farmer's tan from spending time outdoors hanging laundry, mowing the grass (not primarily my job, but something I kind of like to do) and watching the kids.



We are getting ready for our family vacation, which will begin on saturday! Joel's last day is friday and we are all eager for some down time after a busy school year. The kids are very excited about vacation once again. It is such fun to bring them to the same places that I went to as a kid. And now the kids all have "favorites". We are so blessed that my parents are so kind and let us use their vacation place. We could never go on vacations like this without them!



Other fun things and ordinary things that have been going on here are....

...Joel is painting the doors and shutters, installed a nice screen for the back door and this film that supposedly, makes it much cooler in the home. We will see! I am hoping it helps because it gets really warm in the kitchen and dining room in the summer.

...Joel took out Benny's stitches. The cut is still not quite healed, but looks pretty good.

...Rachael enjoyed special time with her Mommom and Poppop today and her cousin Ashy, who is almost six! The went to IHOP in matching pink dresses for a Birthday Breakfast. This is a wonderful tradition my parents have started and the kids all love and look foward to it .

...We had our first corn on the cob of the season, and it was so yummy. We are also enjoying strawberries and I would love to take them strawberry picking soon.

....Jeremiah is trying to build an airplane in the backyard (he has learned about the Wright brothers this year in school) He would probably make quicker progress if he was allowed to use Joel's lawn mower engine and various other forbidden things from the shed!

... Nate is enjoying extended time to play legos and dinosaurs without schoolwork interrupting him. He loved his first sleepover at his friend Tyler's home. I picked up his friend Andrew to take the boys over there and just smiled at the friendship that these boys have together. What chattering there was in the van! Star-Wars, dinosaurs, Spurgeon (ok not yet, but hopefully soon!). Bonnie is one brave woman to have four little boys over for the night!

...Elijah and Benny have loved all the outdoor time. Elijah loves the little cozy coupe and will just sit there, not going anywhere for a half hour, easy. Benny likes riding his motorcylce around and being pulled around in the wagon by Jerem, until he goes too fast and dumps him out!

... the kids and I are reading a chapter of Acts every morning after breakfast. This is a new thing for us at this time, and it is going very well. even Li-Li listens (ok not that well, but still :) Joel and the kids are up to chapter six (I think) in Dangerous Journey. this is at least the third time thru for our crowd, they love this book! Benny and Eli are having the Beginner's Bible read to them each night. Joel is a wonderful Bed-time Daddy, often way more patient with the kids than I am at eight oclock at night.

The End!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Dani -

Love the pictures! Have a great time on vacation. We'll be praying for great weather for you. Let's catch up when you get back!

Megan

staceyhoff said...

what a sweet post,Danielle. It is neat to see how your home life is a lot like ours since we look up to you and Joel and the other couples in our church who have been together for so long and who love the Lord.

I hope you guys have a great time on your vacation! It's nice that you will be taking the older kiddos to the places you used to like to go to as a kid too. I would love to take my kiddos to Balboa park in San Diego and to Tory Pines beach ( where my grandpa used to bring me to explore the tide pools, and I even planted a pine tree there once.It has to be bigger by now.ha ha.)
I really wish Al would read to the kids at bedtime but I know, with time. I was happy to read about Nathaniel, Andrew and Tyler's sleepover together and the friendship they all have together. I am so grateful for my own Tyler's friendships with other boys in the church. Like you said, just thinking about future conversations as the years go on ;) Very exciting! :)
<3 Stacey

Anonymous said...

Danielle! I'm so glad you could post those pictures! they are absolutely GREAT!! I know what you mean about the farmer's tan... I roll my sleeves up though to at least get my shoulders in the sun too :) Today was a hot one to hang laundry out! It doesn't have to be out there long to dry but has to wait til I get out to gather it. :) Have a great time on your vacation! It's neat that you get to go just as a family... see you when you get back!

Denae said...

Hey I was soo happy to see some new pics. We will miss seeing you guys at the beach this year:( I know you guys will have fun and have some time to get rid of the farmers tans! Some of my favorite memories are of us as kids at the beach even when it rained and we were stuck inside drawing neighborhoods. Love ya and hope you have a great vaca!