Rachael celebrated her fifth (already) Birthday on August 2. We celebrated with a princess cake ( with pink icing). So this post is a bit overdue. But, I did just want to say what a wonderful blessing Rachael has been to us. From the very hot -104 degree day she was born, thru each and every hot birthday we have enjoyed with her, Joel and I have thanked God for our Baby Girl.
It was funny this year. Joel usually takes the kids "camping" in the yard each summer. We have promised to not attempt an actual camping trip again with the kids until there are no potty trainers (we have had very bad experiences in the past) So this year Joel set the tent up and I popped lots of kettle corn and got ready for a night of hogging the bed and then I remembered...
Joel took Nate and Jeremiah for the camping trip on August 1st exactly five years ago! That trip was cut short by Rachael making her impending arrival known to me at three thirty in the morning! I went out to the yard and woke up the campers in between contractions. Uncle CB arrived shortly after four and off we went to meet our baby girl. She was born three hours later (my hardest delivery yet- so much so I chickened out with Benny and Eli and went for the drugs!)
Rachael is a joy to us for many reasons. I love how feminine she is. She always wears dresses, to church, to the market, to play in the yard or dig in the dirt. She has an adorable giggle and a beautiful smile. She adores her Daddy. Rachy is very kind to Benny and Elijah even when they are stealing her baby stroller away from her and messing up her toy kitchen. She has a bunch of babies that she cares for in her room and a favorite pink (of course) stuffed piggy. She is very excited about starting Kindergarten this year and soon we will go out to pick out her pencil box and folder (pink I am sure) . She is certain that she wants to be a mommy when she grows up, and I do believe that God created her little womanly heart for that very vocation. Rachael we all love you so much and thank God for you! Happy Fifth Birthday Baby-Girl!
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!!! I too remember the hot day you were born. Ashy and I came to visit you in the hospital. We love you sweet, sweet Rachael! Love Uncle CB, Aunt Shannon and Ashlyn, Verity adn Evelyn
At first I got nervous oh no did I miss a birthday you never know in our ever growing family. We love you Rachey and are excited to see what a beautiful little lady you are becoming with the help of your mom and dad and our Savior most of all. We hope to see you soon. Dani be happy this next one will be in Feb!
I can just hear the joy in your post Danielle! You do a wonderful job training up your little girl and with so much love. I can't believe she's five! We met you guys that summer she was born. She's the first Madison baby we knew and I remember the story about the camping trip in the back yard! wow.
Happy Birthday Rachel - we love your smiles too! lv the Valentines
Dear Rachael,
I love you so much because you are my cousin. I am so excited you are 5. I like to jump spin with you. I like playing Cinderella with you. I like paying fairies with you. I like that you are very funny and it makes me laugh. I am so excited you are believing in God. Love from, Ashlyn
awwwww, so sweet <3
Happy Birthday, Rachel!
Post a Comment