Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cravings-the good and the very bad!

I am halfway there (I think- I still haven't been to see the Dr. yet with this pregnancy) and it is starting to show! For a while I just looked fatter (like I need that!) but now- there is a growing roundness! I think it is getting bigger every day. And I am feeling the baby move quite often now. It is always exciting to feel those bumps and kicks! We haven't really thought about names at all for this little one- it still seems a long ways away. The kids are pretty excited. Tonight Benny was hugging me really tightly at bedtime and then he patted my belly and said "can a mean man hit our baby?" "No way- no mean man will hit our baby" I reassured him. Then Benny replied, "when he comes out we will get him a sword!" That seems like an appropriate welcome gift from four big brothers doesn't it! What a nut!

I have been craving hamburgers with this baby! It is terrible. Whenever I pass a McDonalds or Burger King my mouth starts to water- just thinking about it. I will not allow myself more than one fast food burger a week. I ate my burger of the week already for this week! I was the mean mommy and bought myself one and not one for the kids. The healthy thing I have been desiring is a Stayman Winesap apple. but they aren't ready until late October. They are so crisp and sour and I could really go for one. Other varieties of apples aren't cutting it!

With each baby I craved something different. With Nate it was fruit, lots and lots of fruit. I used to make myself sick eating so many. With Jeremiah is was ice-cream. The summer of his birth was a terrible heat wave and drought. Ice cream was how I coped. I am still regretting that!! What a nice big baby he was! And he loves ice-cream! Rachael was really funny. I wanted what I call "guy food". Pizza, steak sandwiches, hot wings and beer! I don't even like beer, but I really wanted one to wash down those wings! (no I didn't give in to that craving). With Benny and Elijah I don't remember anything specific, except with Benny I really had an aversion to chocolate. And Elijah I did seem to think milkshakes were heavenly.

Other than food, I am really desiring a closer walk with my savior. It is challenging to get that "quiet time" here, especially since I am alot more tired than normal. But I am glad that my God is faithful to me and he is leading me in a gentle way. The times I do get are really helpful to me Giving me strenght for the day and a bright hope for tomorrow. Thank you God!

7 comments:

Denae said...

You know with Kayiah I craved apples, I would sometimes eat 3 or 4 a day. No cravings yet with this baby mostly ramen noodles are the only thing I want to eat, I have adversions to almost everything, A half gallon of mint choc chip has lasted over a month and same w/ a box of famous amos choc chip cookies, I have no appitite (yet). I love winesap thay are the best apples in the world and when you eat them you know nothing else will do! I could go for 1 right now

Denae said...

Oh by the way you MUST try chick fil A's chicken ceasar wrap it is soo good and I'm guessing a little healthier then their nuggets or all those burgers. I must admit though I do enjoy them at least 1x a week (fast food burgers that is) I figure since I'm normally only eating about 1000 calories aday tops that it can only help :) And if I can stomach it it's game for now, wish I could always eat that way

Kelly said...

Thanks for the pregnancy update! Ah cravings. I wish I had that excuse for my love of ice cream lately.... With Maddie I craved sausage egg and cheese croisants. Not the healthiest of cravings! Take care and keep us posted! xoxo

staceyhoff said...

So glad that God is leading you in the paths He would have for you right now, at this time.

I craved apple juice (I should say, CHUGGED apple juice) with Ty, and with Josh I had the same thing as you with Rachel~ hot wings were my favorite though, and I made Alan take me out for them at least 3 times a week :) Lol. (We both worked then, so, we could afford it ha ha ) I also had sweets cravings with Josh, which I normally don't do~ I have always been a salty- craving kind of girl (as u know well.lol.) With Gracie AND Josh, it was dirt ~ I know! Crazy! But that's all I wanted to do(not really) was eat a huge pile of dirt, so yeah I kept eating raw potatoes to get that earthy taste untill they made me stop doing that lol(wish I had known about beets,lol.) So yeah, now I still get cravings for dirt periodically even though I'm not preggers but then I just go to the farmers market and get some beets to eat lol... as if everyone didn't already know that I'm wierd ;) LOL

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I can pinpoint any specific cravings I had with the pregnancy... but like Kelly, I wish I could blame my love for chocolate on pregnancy! Oh well. :)

cb4swife said...

Hey Dani...What a fun post about cravings! I think it is funny what you craved with Rachael. During your pregnancies sometimes you would talk about a craving you were having before you told us you were pregnant and it always made me suspicious 'coz you don't tend to have cravings like that normally (do you??). For me...Ashy it was milk and fruit. With Verity, CB caught me drinking pickle juice! I had done it before...he just didn't catch me! Evelyn...I don't think I had anything specific 'coz my belly was yucky pretty much the whole pregnancy so it was more things I did not want to eat. This will be a book if I don't stop soon :) Love ya...Shannon

Megan said...

I've craved sweets, especially chocolate & ice cream with each pregnancy. And it shows!!! How long AFTER giving birth should these cravings last??