Jeremiah came into our lives on a gorgeous Sunday morning. On the way to the midwifery home we passed numerous horses and buggies. I wasn't too comfy on that ride and wished we could speed, but every hill we came up we found another buggy! I arrived at nine centimeters and was so happy and surprised by that, I laughed! Joel was still outside unloading all my stuff when I was climbing into bed to push! Jeremiah was born fifteen minutes later. It was so peaceful. Only the three of us, and our midwife were there. We had only the sunlight streaming thru the window to light up the room. Such wonderful memories for such a loved little boy.
Tonight at dinner we went around the table saying what we loved about Jeremiah. He enjoyed this very much and encouraged more responses and offered suggestions! He is so funny. I had a hard time limiting myself to:
- His gorgeous blue eyes. They are the color of Joel's dads and sparkle when he is happy
- His mischievious grin
- His loving care for Elijah
- His adventuresome spirit
- His "full body" wrap around hugs- he doesn't do half-hearted hugs.
Jeremiah is doing a great job with First grade. I am surprised at what he is understanding this year. Things that he struggled with in Kindergarten are much easier this year. He is spending alot of time creating things with paper and tape, he goes thru many rolls of scotch tape! And is working his way thru a ream of paper.
I made a really fun Pirate Treasure chest cake for his birthday. I was so happy that it turned out so well. We also purchased an Imaginext pirate ship for his gift. All the kids have been enjoying it. We celebrated with his grandparents Sunday evening eating the dinner he requested of Pizza (easy for me!) and salad. And rootbeer! Jeremiah is allowed to have soda at special occassions now and he loves it! He was so excited to pick out the rootbeer at the market. He is not allowed caffiene. I would hate to see Jeremiah on caffiene! He is Tiggerific enough naturally.
Happy Birthday Jeremiah Daniel. We love you so much and thank God continually for the gift he gave us in you! May you grow to be a great man of God!
5 comments:
Almost had tears in my eyes hearing you recount his birth not for the pain but the joy of a new life coming into the world. I know even kayiahs birth is just a passing memory now but of joy and love what a gift our children are, things I love about Jerem are his gorgeous blue eyes,his amazing creativity and his heart for Jesus. Uncle Lewis loves that he is rough and tumble and almost a pirate! He loves Jerem's sence of adventure and knows God is going to use him in special ways. Kayiah says ha ee biray!
I can't believe it was only 15 min! That's faster than Katelyn was and that was a little too fast for me! Of course things were probably much calmer at the birth center than the hospital :) I love hearing you talk about Jeremiah and the little boy that he is! I'd love to see pics of the treasure chest too!
I was tearing up the whole way through this post~ great job honoring Jeremiah:)I remember when he was just a 'lil guy~a toddler~ with that fringe of bangs and that mischeveous smile. He has always had such a beautiful personality. You two are doing a great job with him(and the others!)<3
Oh btw, your pancake recipe is delish! Thanks 4 sharing! :)
I'm back again HA ha!~ I guess u see by now how your post inspired me :) I have to say, I am wondering why you chose the name Beauty For Ashes for your blog? It would be neat to know the story behind that choice :)
Have you heard about the Fall Festival Weekends over at Weaver Orchard off route 10 in Morgantown (right across from St. Benedict church?)The hay ride is a little expensive this year, much to my chagrin ($4 per person!) BUT it's only one ticket per child to play in the activities area all day and in there is a big hay bale slide, a huge blow-up caterpillar to walk or crawl through and tables full of dried corn with trucks and shovels, buckets to play in it with. There are also animals to see for free and a swingest and train to play on for free, bands there and drinks for $1.00 The store is a little pricey, but it depends on what you want~ I wished I could remember what apples those were that you wanted because I would have grabbed you a few :) The prices on apples are good and they have such a variety. In the back corner near the bee colony ( oh yeh they also have a neat bee colony in the store to check out!) there is a 3 bin stand there that has what look like just coloring books about farming there, for $.99 but if you open them you'll see that they have lot's of good facts about farming and growing the foods and then where they go fromt he farm/the produce industrty in America and I find them pretty useful for home schooling:) They are a good add-on for only $1.00 ! The festival is every weekend in October. Hope to see you there soemtime! XOXO
WE SURE DO LOVE JEREMIAH!!!!! I thought I already posted a comment but I must have done it wrong...silly me! Thanks for honoring your little handsome man! We are glad God has allowed us to have him for a nephew!
Post a Comment