Happy 5th Birthday Benny! What a joy this little one has been to our family. It is hard to believe that it was five whole years ago that he came in to this world on a VERY cold day. The winter Benny was born was a hard one for us, with Rachael becoming very sick 2 weeks before his birth and being in the hospital for a whole week, and coming home needing much care. So we decided to induce Benny. He was ready and the whole process only took three hours. It was a great birth! I had drugs with him! Wonderful- I was actually laughing that I was in transition and not going batty! Benny weighed in at 7 pounds, 12 ounces the same exact weight as Nate. He was our short stuff- only 19 inches long. So that was five years ago today.
Benny is all about the wild west and cowboys. He is also interested in the Army National Guard. He loves to watch this recruitment dvd we picked up at some community event. He loves horses and playing cowboys, or pioneers. He is such a little ham. My parents took him to get his photo taken for me and they could not believe the poses this kid did, without being prompted. He also enjoyed going to breakfast and to toys r us with them, and his best little friend Kull. Wow, there is so much to love about our fourth born little blessing. I do love this age, a mix of big kid and still an awful lot of little kid mixed in. I love his mispronounciations, the way his little brain reasons and the fun "dreams" he tells us about at breakfast. They are pretty imaginative!
Happy Birthday Cowboy Ben. We sure do love you lots little boy!
7 comments:
Happy birthday Ben! Ricky and I always loved having him in children's ministry- he is so helpful and pleasant. I can't believe he is 5! wow time flys.
Happy Birthday Ben Ben! Is he wearing his spurs in this picture? Benny is a fun little guy! When I think of him I always think of him smiling! Sometimes a happy smile and sometimes a little bit mischievous!
Yee Haw Benny! Hope your year is filled with many blessings!
Happy Birthday Benny! I'm the fourth of six children as well. And I love cowboys too! But mostly in the movies. I have to echo Mrs. Eberly's comment - you really are a joy to have in children's ministry. You're very sensitive to your friends and always seek to care for them before yourself. Mommy and Daddy are doing a great job! I remember when you came home from the hospital and you had Larry Boy goggles to wear when you laid in your baby tanning bed. All in all Benny you've had a pretty sweet life so far :)
Love,
Miss Linda
Happy Birthday Ben!
I was wondering the same thing about the spurs....I love that he loves cowboy stuff=) so fun...
I love your family Dani=)
I know it's a little belated but Happy Birthday Ben! ~ Danielle, I can't believe that was FIVE years ago... I remember you having a baby and Rachel being in the hospital and what a time that was but to think that it was 5 years ago! wow. What a cute little cowboy you have. Mr. Valentine always enjoys the times Benjamen comes back to serve him with tear down after church. He always comes with a big smile.
Yes, Bonnie and Audrey, no self respecting cowboy would be without spurs! Our Benny is no exception. we make him remove them from his cowboy boots on Sundays. This is all he wanted for Christmas and he loves the way they jingle jangle jingle!
I am so behind on this comment thing! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNY...we sure do love you! Love Aunt Shannon
Post a Comment