At dinner the other night Nate was talking about how it had to be Benny who did this one particular thing, "Because Eli can't even talk". Well my Eli had something to say about that!
"Li-Li can TOO talk Nate!" he retorted across the table! Yes, he is starting to talk, (and argue, backtalk too) all of a sudden.
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE clorox wipes?? I think a mother of five boys invented them. I really am indebted to this product. I don't care what we have to cut out of the budget in these hard times, but it will not be Clorox wipes. :)
In school time- I had the kids do copy work with Emma Lazurus' famous poem about the Statue of Liberty ( The Grand Collusus). Nate had to write the whole thing, Jeremiah the last verse. It starts.. Give me your tired, your poor. Well he put a "P" at the end of poor instead of an "R". When I checked his work, I was laughing so hard. He had a good laugh at himself too, this is right up his little eight year old boy alley!
Joel took Nate, Jerem and Rachael rollerskating with the cubscouts Sunday afternoon. They had a fun time, and Joel said Rachael did a great job! That was her first time. Now they are busy getting ready for the pinewood derby (hoping to do better, alot bettter, than last year) .
The kids had fun with Joel's parents this past weekend while Joel, Asher and I headed to Hershey for a marriage conference. We had a nice time and I was so excited that the first song we sung was "Great is thy Faithfulness" I leaned over to Joel and whispered, "This is appropriate, it is our wedding song!" and Joel remarked, "yes, and the piano player is the same too!" Indeed it was. Our old family friend Bryan was up playing the piano for worship this weekend and he did all the music for our wedding, almost twelve years ago. That was fun! God is so good to us. I got to say "hi" to a bunch of friends from college and even one from highschool (Bryan's brother, Ross) that I haven't seen in a long time. Joel and I learned alot about mercy and it will be exciting to try to apply even just a bit to our marriage. Asher did ok. He was very naughty on Thursday evening,but so sleepy and tired on Friday that he did well and I was able to hear many messages. It is kind of fun to just have the baby with us, to spend the extra time with him.
2 comments:
Clorox Wipes ~ YES! so helpful! We love them here too - especially for doorknobs & in the bathroom!
I loved reading these odds and ends, Danielle :)
ha ha dispelling the myths about homeschooling we are with you in that ;0) It was great having lunch with you guys and Ashy in Hershey. We still want to 'double date' sometime :0)
It's so much fun getting time to have 'unregulated fellowship' - or should I say 'unscheduled'? - time with you two, unike Care Group nights, when I can tend to get real excited about my bible reading and tend to share... a lot. Lol! See you on Sunday! And THANK YOU for praying for me! I wasn't sure if it was you or Beth that was holding my hands but I sure felt the Spirit flowing! God's grace over me is so sweet and free :)
Post a Comment