Sunday, February 1, 2009

Monster Hunting Faith

Recently the kids have been having alot of fun playing this game in which there is some sort of monster living in the basement closet. (there isn't one, just lots of outgrown clothing in boxes).

So on Friday all five came charging up the basement steps and were headed into the living room and up the stairs to the bedrooms.

"Wait!", I exclaimed, stopping Eli and Rachael, who were bringing up the rear. "What is going on? Elijah, Why do you have Mommy's Bible??"

"Getting Monster" Eli told me.

"But why do you have my Bible Elijah, it's not a toy." said I

"Well, Li-Li's job is to carry the Bible, for when we get scared" piped up Rachael

Oh. Well, that is a good reason to carry a Bible isn't it?
Always bring a Bible-carrier along when you are on a Monster hunt.
This is good advice for those pretend monsters in the basement, and those real "monsters" that shake our faith, tempt us to question God's loving kindness and wisdom, or plan.
Thanks Rachael and Elijah for the reminder.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could see the trail coming up the steps :) It sounds like a lot of fun. How funny that they dubbed the youngest the Bible Carrier but how neat that they believe they need the Word to battle their "fears"! :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun story. Thanks for sharing it. I love these moments of spiritual wisdom from the little ones that are so profound to we adults who are supposedly more wise! No wonder Jesus tells us to be like the little children.

I think I will go get a blanky and my Bible right now!

All 8 of Us said...

What a great post and a great reminder. It is so easy to look to the counsel of men or false refuges in the face of 'monsters' instead of going straight to the source of TRUTH. It was great to see you,your hubby and your little guy at the marriage retreat!
Blessings,
kathi

Kelly said...

That is such a fun story! And you're right, a great reminder!

Denae said...

That is so cute! Kayiah uses one of her Sunday school songs when she gets scared around bedtime, we dont be afraid it's ok you can talk to Jesus anytime or anywhere. I love the faith that kids have.

cb4swife said...

Oh my...they are soo cute! I pictured the train of kiddos too...I love to hear stories of what goes on in our kiddos minds...What a great job Elijah has...Love ya...Shannon

Bonnie said...

Hey silly me. I forgot that yesterday was Asher's Bday when I saw you guys today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Asher!! Give him a hug and kiss from me.