Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Baby is One!!

These two pictures are of Joel, Asher and I exactly one year ago today. Joel had come up to the hospital to spend a few hours before we were discharged later that night. He has gotten much bigger, but he still likes to snuggle up like that.


We had a nice party for Asher on Saturday, which was Valentine's Day. It was fun to do a heart theme, I know that when he is older he will not allow this, so I will have fun with it now. I made cakes that I hoped, resembled conversation hearts. We had alot of family and a few friends over to celebrate with us.


"Where's my cake??"




"This is good. I might like brownies better, but not bad. Let me have another handful. Yes, I think I like birthday cake!"



"This card is so cute, Aunt Laura. Thank you for my gifts everyone."






"Mom-mom knows what I like. It's not like I am addicted to fruit puffs. I can stop anytime I want to. I'll just have one more...and one more"

Well, this mommy is having a hard time with Asher turning one already. How did this happen? I know I sound like an old lady when I say it, but I cannot believe how fast it is all going. And I am not even going to post yet about a certain first born who is about to be ten!. So back to Asher.




What an amazing gift this little boy has been to our family. I have never seen a baby more loved, spoiled and adored than Asher. All day long, everyday he has at least one, usually more, siblings waiting to hold him and play with him. And then of course there is Joel and I. What joy he brings to our hearts. How he makes us laugh with his wiggle dancing, his growling and big kisses. This first year with Asher was one of great joy. May God give you many more years with us Boo-Boo Bear. And may he save you and call you his own. May you be a man that follows hard after God.


Asher Stephen means "crowned with happiness". God gave us the perfect name for our sixth little blessing.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just reading about Asher last week in the Bible and thought of your little boy turning one. I loved seeing those pictures from last year, Danielle. I was just working on Katelyn's baby book yesterday (yes, katelyn's - Im a little behind) and loved reminincing. It's really sad how fast they grow but I love the new stages they embrace as they learn. I get excited thinking soon we will have a tiny little one to hold again. ~ Happy Birthday Asher!!!

Katy said...

So cute! He's looking so big! i love the shirt that says irresistable too. Happy birthday Asher!

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Asher!!! You are SO cute!!!! I love that little man!! Yes it is so hard to believe how fast it all goes. God is so kind to give you six little blessings!!!! And Asher is very blessed to be doted on by the five blessings before him;)

Denae said...

I cant believe he is 1 already those newborn pics made me "boo-hooey" as mom would say I feel old too b/c it all makes me sad. I wish we could have been there. Milenah growles too, thats funny! I am sad that Milenah is right on his heels. Happy Birthday Asher! (PS I tried to fix my video I think i added u as a freidn Im trying to figure it all out)

cb4swife said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHER!!! We lover you too! Aunt Shannon and the gang