Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hurry Spring Time!!

Three little scholars hard at work. I love Benny is his cowboy hat. This isn't Benny's normal seat, that is my spot at the school table, but I was busy working with Nate, so he joined the bigger kids in the kitchen.
Benny loves music. Here he is, hard at work composing a song. He writes notes on his paper and then will play them on his guitar. I wonder if this is just a peek at what he will be doing when he is bigger.


Jeremiah working on his Bible Verse booklet. Every other week we learn a new verse and the kids copy the verses on a printout and add it to their booklet. They love this activity and it is neat to see all that they have memorized. He is working on, "I am the vine, you are the branches, he who abides in me will bear much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
Well, I haven't posted lately 'cause not a whole lot has been happening. Just life as normal. We did all enjoy a nice snowy day on Monday and once Joel left for school (they weren't closed because his district had parent conferences that day) I took all six kids sledding. It was so cold, but we had a blast. Asher's first time on a sled. And of course I didn't have my camera!
Last Friday my parents took Nate, Jeremiah, Rachael, Benny and my niece to see "Behold the Lamb" at Sight and Sound Theater. They loved it, and what a special time with Mom-mom and Pop-pop. After the show they went out to dinner. The kids have really been affected by seeing the life of Jesus portrayed. They have done alot of talking about his miracles, his suffering and how he rose from the dead. Isn't it awesome that it isnt just a show!!!
While the big kids were out I remembered what it felt like (wonderful!) to have a nap-time all to myself. Eli and Asher slept and I was able to clean, and read for two hours!! I don't get that anymore. Then Joel came home and we took the little ones out to Chick-fil-A and to see the puppies at the "tractor store" (ie, Mall). Elijah was even allowed to pick out several "gummies" from the candy kiosk as a special treat.
Today I met two moms from church and went to story time at the library, my neighbor and her two little ones were there too, so it was alot of fun. Nate was able to use the time to write notes for his little research paper he is writing for school. He loves birds, so he chose to write about the Yellowhammer bird (state bird of Alabama). It is neat, and kind of sad to see him doing such big-boy things like research papers. Only a few more days in the single digits for him!
My brother and sister in law travel Saturday to Ethiopia to get my nephew!!!! I am so very excited!!! I cannot wait to meet little Blair!!
So that is what has been up at our home. I am so looking foward to springtime. What a joy it will be to get outside, hang the clothes, open the windows and soak up soome sunshine. It won't be too long now!!! Hurry up springtime!!


3 comments:

Denae said...

I was happy yo finally see a post. I have started looking at homeschool curriculum I think I like the our fathers world is that what u use? I have no idea. We are doing scripture memory too Kayiah has her fruits of the spirit memorized I took a video, were you ever able to see that 1 we posted? I tried to call u today send me an email when u get time love u

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read an update on the family, Danielle :) - What a treat for your parents to take the kids to "Behold the Lamb". I'm sure they were grateful for their time but wiped out afterwards! - How nice for you to have a few hours of just "quiet" time. I love those moments!
~ Maybe Benny and Josiah should hook up... Josiah makes up lyrics and tunes for "gospel" songs. Maybe Ben could write the music down and play it and they could be a team duo! Who knows?! ~ Josiah seems to be growing fond of Ben since they've been in the same class.

Audrey said...

So fun to hear an update Dani. Your parents are so generous in the things they do with the kids. What a blessing! Glad you had some time to relax as well and be refreshed. I would have loved to see you all sledding together...that is so much fun! It was freezing that day too!