Happy 10th Birthday Nathanael!! 
Some special guests at our "Summer in March" Birthday meal. We enjoyed hot dogs, baked beans, potatoe chips and corn on the cob (which Joel payed thru the nose to get, but it was good )
And for dessert, an ice-cream cake!!Ok, it is a bit hard for me to write this. Where did the time go??? I know I still have quite a few little ones here, but how did my baby-Nate get to be so big?? It really does seem just like yesterday that he was born. And the other afternoon I was tucking Eli in to nap and he looked so much like Nate did at age three (the fact that he had on big brother's hand-me-downs helped too) that I had to really think, "this is Elijah, this is 2009." So, I am thanking God for a healthy, growing, happy, son. I am also wanting these years to slow down a bit. How can I cherish all they are doing, who they are right now, when that is constantly changing?? How fun it is to watch him do big kid things, like triple digit multiplication, riding bikes alone to his grandparents' home, using a knife to carve things in wood, read long chapter books like "King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table" (hey don't you still want mommy to read "Playful Puppies" over and over).
How blessed I am to watch Nate mature in Christ. We do believe that he is truly saved, and he has a real love, and a great knowledge of the Bible. He has a great memory and can memorize pretty lengthy passages, alot easier than I am able. Thanking God every day for these six BLESSINGS! that He has given to me, and thanking God, today especially, for my Nate-ie!!

5 comments:
I cant believe taht Nate is 10 either I know what you mean by wanting time to slow down it is really kind of crazy and I dont like to think or talk about it. So I will say happy birthday Nate we are so proud of the Godly and handsome youngman you are becomming and please don't stop playing with your starwars figures just yet (uncle lewis still plays with his and we wont even talk about uncle CB) Dani I do love the comments, my lithium battery died in my camera and they are like $30 so we are waiting to buy one, for now Im doing videos and using friends pics.
Happy Birthday Nate!
I remember the couple years in a row that we had playgroup scheduled on your birthday... I don't think you'd quite fit in any more :) How wonderful to hear God shaping your life for His glory! We pray He continues the good work in you!
What a fun party idea!
Oh Dani...I have been having a hard tiem with Nate turning 10 too...I have very vivid memories of him at what 2-3 days old (with your crazy pump:) ) It has been a joy watching him turn into a sweet young boy...I'll pray the years slow down for all of us:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!! We love you...Aunt Shannon and the gang
Happy 1st, Nate! First DECADE that is! Yikes it is scary how old you are getting. I hope you had a fun birthday. Tyler and the rest of us are all hoping we can get together soon to play!
Happy Birthday, Nate! I can remember when you told me you were going to be a whole hand old and now you are two hands old! Oh Dani the time does fly! It is so neat to have you in Sunday School Nate and watch all that God is teaching you and how He is working in you. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. It looked like a yummy meal. Love, Mrs.Drago
Post a Comment