On Monday night, after brushing my teeth, checking on seven sleeping children (hooray!) I crept quietly into my room, in the dark as to not waken one of the sleeping seven who has a little bed in the corner of my room. I pulled back the covers and slid my feet down, eager to stretch out and fall to sleep. My foot hit something hard, and cold. I yanked my foot back, instinctively. Then reached down to find out what it was. A match box car. I removed it, laughed and lay back down. Then I felt one, two, three more hard, cold objects keeping company with my feet. I extracted one race car, one rather large pickup truck, a tractor-trailer, and a farm vehicle. Laughing I laid them all on my night table, searched with my feet for any other dreamy cars left behind by my two year old, not finding any, I laughed again to myself (Joel was still downstairs doing schoolwork) about the joys of having six boys and fell asleep!
On Monday morning I had asked Rachael to sit up on my (unmade) bed to watch Luke while I showered. He can roll all over now, and I cannot leave him safely there alone. Asher joined Rachael up on my bed, and I am guessing brought several cars to play with along. In my haste, I made my bed without really paying attention. Just yanked up the down comforter, fluffed the pillows, totally ignored four distinct lumps. What a fun surprise that night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment