Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh you make me laugh

Elijah at dinner (we had pizza and root-beer): Why does when you drink soda it makes your nose all bubbly??
Asher (he was told to sit down to eat his apple): But I love Jesus, Dad!

Asher again: I'm eating Jonah all up! I'm gonna eat Jesus! (we just read the story of Jonah in his children's Bible) This was said as he was "swimming" across the kitchen floor. I don't know when they made the kitchen the water, but it has been that way for a while. Maybe because they are often not allowed in the "water" when Mommy is busy in there. So the feeling that I have of drowning in dishes and kitchen work, might in fact, be real!

And more Asher! :) Asher loves to rock with his mommy. Ever since he was a newborn, and very often through his illnesses the last year we have spent many hours rocking and singing in my favorite chair. At night now, when I tuck him in he grabs his blanket and says in the sweetest voice, "I rock mommy, I rock with you." He is so used to my response that he gives it to me now, "Just a little bit, just five minutes." and he will even turn to his room-mate Rachael and say as we leave for the rocking chair, "You count Rachael." Rachael will keep track of the time as Asher and I rock and sing his two favorite songs, "Jesus Loves Me" and "Mighty to Save". He knows them both by heart.

What joy these little ones bring to our home

No comments: