...the two heroes came upon the helpless pup, who was thrown away in the cruel mother's attempt to clean the boys' bedroom. He was just one victim, but thankfully he got noticed by the children as the villian tried to sneak him out to the garbage! (gasp!)
Note to mothers everywhere: DO NOT attempt to "clean" the children's bedrooms in preparation of the holidays. And if you do, be more stealth like than I was making sure NO ONE sees the toys you are happily stuffing in the bag. Not even the eight year old whom you tell "you don't need to go and run and tell them that I am throwing this out". Not even the stuffed animal that you really thought never got played with anymore.
But then that very night your child is searching everywhere for his "favorite" stuffed dog to sleep with making you feel like the most rotten parent on the earth.
But if you do decide to go against my kind warning, be smarter than I am. Do NOT show the children Toy Story 3 the very same day. The mix is toxic and the cause of severe night time trauma and horrible, horrible guilt on your part.
And if you do.. make sure you are married to a very kind, funny husband who helped the Rescue Heroes rescue the puppy and restore him to his owner! Joel just cracked me up with this, it was all his doing, staging the rescue, out in the yard at about eleven p.m. taking these pictures. What a great Daddy!!
Consider yourself warned.
5 comments:
Too cute, Dani! I love the pictures and the story is so fun as well. It's easier for me to clean without my two little ones seeing. I've thrown things out before and when they ask me where such and such toy is, I say, "It's in a landfill." Now it's funny to hear Jacob and Maggie comment to each other: "Where's ______ toy?" "Oh, it's in the landfill!" :)
Oh, Dani...you're on HER side! I had to read this post to my Mom, because that's exactly how we are. She wants to get rid of stuff and I want to keep it. I just posted on Facebook tonight about our debate concerning whether it's okay to replace the 20-year-old Tupperware cups that I love and feel are a huge part of life in this house with the new glasses she just bought. I can totally sympathize with your children :)
Danielle - this was so much fun to read. You did such a great job writing it! I love to hold on to things like keri i think but I've been trying to clean out to a point also. It's a tough job!
So funny! Thanks for sharing Danielle...and Lisa's comment made me laugh extra, which was nice!
This is great :) Well done Dani and
Joel...it was such fun to read. Did you show it to the kids in the morning??
Blessings,
kathi
Post a Comment