Nate and Benny are playing soccer for our homeschool co-op this fall. They are both enjoying it, and are learning a lot.
Joel is having fun helping coach Benny's team, the 6-8 year olds. Nate plays on the 9-12 year old team. Joel played soccer in high school and then coached the girl's team for a few years at his old teaching job, so this was fun for him, and he actually can be quite helpful, whereas me... not so much. I never played and have a hard time keeping things straight. But I know to cheer when the red team makes a goal, and to laugh at a group of 8 little boys all clumped around the soccer ball. There is no one to pass it to, because they are all right there already.
A VERY chilly morning game against Dayspring Christian Academy. We were freezing! Good thing I keep blankets in the van for emergencies and picnics-and extra chilly Saturday mornings.
I had some action shots of Nate, but they were all blurry, the hazards of a not so great camera. Here he is waiting for some action to come down his end. He doesn't usually play goalie, but the coach stuck him in there for a bit to see how he'd do. Nate is pretty quick and he is really catching on with the skills and drills.
We are enjoying doing the sports through the co-op since they are just once a week. If Nate plays next year, that will increase, but it has been nice to be able to have the boys playing, but it not taking over our already busy life.
1 comment:
Yay that sounds like a cozy Fall morning to be cheering on Ben and Nate! We love soccer! Although I dont think Id want to play anymore, I'd like to just cheer : )
Post a Comment