Off to a fun start for 2012. Putting a dent in our insurance deductable. Luke has been sick off and on for a few weeks now, going back to after Thanksgiving- which kind of came to a head over New Year's. I took him to the Dr. on Monday and he admitted Luke to the hosptital for fluids because of pretty bad dehydration, and to find out what is going on. The fluids have helped, we came home last evening. Luke doesn't have any serious illness, which is good. He has lost a good deal of weight because he won't eat, or drink much. But we are praying that he is on the mend.
Luke is extremely, can I say that again? MISERABLE. Driving mommy crazy miserable. He has not stopped crying for more than a few minutes since he woke up very early. He won't sleep, won't let me put him down without protest. And I can't figure it out. Is he just spoiled? Traumatized by the two days in the hospital? In pain? Oh does it ever get easier to figure out babies and toddlers? How I wish he could just talk to me and tell me.
This is all I have time for now. WOuld you pray for Luke, that he would heal up, cheer up and become our happy baby again? And for me? For wisdom to know what to do to help Luke, whether that is another trip to the pediatrician, or some cry it out time in his bed (tried that for a loong time today without success), or just some extra love and cuddles (which he has been getting non-stop). Thank you!
More Funner (is that a word, no, but I like it) posts coming sometime!
5 comments:
mom told me yesterday. we are praying for Lukie
you betcha...we are already praying... thank for the update...it is so hard when they can't talk to you...you'd think the more kids we have the better we could understand baby talk...but no doesn't see to work that way. Pray for you too...these are hard mommy moments for sure...love you
If he has what we have had his throat could be really sore! I was sure I had strep it hurt so much. It lasted for many days and the lingering cold is still with Danny.
I'll be praying for sweet Luke and for you too!
~Bonnie
awww, praying for Lukey. Let us know if you need anything!
Praying for you and Luke.
Post a Comment