Faith Tried and Proved "We follow a scarred Captain, Should we not have scars?" A. Carmichael
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Farm Show
On Wednesday the children and I went to the Farm Show with my mom and dad. We had a very nice time, but we were all a bit suprised at the amount of people there. I knew it would be crowded, but there were times that we couldn't even move in the crowds of people going down the aisles, or hallways. The picture above is for me. I love cows. Especially these ones, clean and with haircuts (we got to see several cows being shaved down). Asher HATES cows. Actually he isn't fond of too many animals right now. He wasn't so happy to be so close to them.
We all enjoyed looking at the prize winning turkeys. It was neat that they kept on displaying their feathers for us. Maybe because of the amount of them around? I had never seen a real turkey all puffed out before. They were beautiful.
There were lots of prize winning bunny rabbits. We got to pet a bunch of them. Guess who wants a pet bunny now??
I think the highlight for the little boys would either be this giant tractor they got to climb up into, or the bus ride we had to take from the remote lot to the farm show complex. I was suprised that even in the morning hours that all the lots were so full. Did I mention the crowds? I like this picture of Asher in the giant tractor tire.
Nate "driving" a big tractor while Benny disembarks. After looking at tractors and eating pretzels we made our slow way over to the arena to watch carriage racing. It was fun, and we all enjoyed that. We left after the races for our bus ride to the van where we sat and ate the cheese and crackers and bologna and cookies and fruit that my mom had packed up for us. Then we started for home. It was a nice time to spend with my parents and overall we had a nice time. I would never attempt it on my own, and I wish the crowds were a bit thinner because we couldn't get near so many exhibits to really learn about them, but I guess the nice weather that morning had many people thinking the same thing,"It's a good day to go to the farm show!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
One day.. ahem... we are going to make it to the Farm Show! My kiddos love the VA State Fair and I'd heard the Farm Show is wayyyy better. One day...
love the pics! I know my girls would especially love those bunnies how fluffy and soft they looked! Thats how our Asian festival is here sometimes you can't even move( and we only have 2 kids) but it's still a chance to do something out of the ordinary glad you had a good time! What i couldnt believe was how big the kids look next to you tell them to slow down!
I also love Rachaels "mommy" face in the pic where she is holding Luke
I just got caught up on all the blogs I have missed. I am so excited to hear you are having your 7th boy. What a miracle. I find out Feb 2 if we are having a boy or a girl. I think it is a girl, but I had a vivid dream last night we were having a boy. I love reading about your family. I will get caught up on blogging one of these days, I haven't been inspired to write. xo blessings! - Carol
I love cows, too! But I'm guessing you already knew :) I haven't made it to the farm show in years, and I think I would love to visit. It just always seems to show up at such an inconvenient time...I finally recover from the holidays, wrap up vacation, and need to get back to work by the time it arrives. Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment