Thursday, August 30, 2012

Watching it Grow!

 Oh! It has been exciting around our house lately!  Despite the increase in my laundry load, and the mud and fine layer of grit (a mixture of dirt, drywall dust, and sawdust) that coats my floor and furniture, we are loving watching our new addition shape up!   Above is the concrete work finished, including our small back porch.
Next came the laying of the floor joists and flooring.  Jeremiah was happy to help put on the screws and pass around some tools. 
Timothy coming out to see the new family room.  On a side note, Timothy is finallly starting to be a good little boy!  He has been sleeping through the night, and taking a nap or two each day.  God answered my prayers (and those of lots of others) and it seems Timothy is calming down just in time for our new school year to get under way!
An exciting day!  The first wall is up! (and corn on the cob for dinner!)  The window space is for two double hung windows!  Lots of light for this new family room.
Playing and helping.  Rachael is sweeping off the sawdust so the little ones won't get splinters.  Benny is pretending to build.  All of our children have been very interested in everything that the men are doing out there.  There is a small crew of workers, anywhere from one to three men and they don't mind the kids about.  Sometimes I keep them away, such as when the roof went on, but mostly I let them watch and learn. 
All framed out by last Friday.  The large windows up stairs are in the two new bedrooms that we will gain.  We will have all the boys in those two, large bedrooms.  The small part protruding from the bottom right is my new laundry/mudroom.  Probably the part I am most excited about!  No more piles of muddy shoes by my front door.  Or lugging the approximately 18-20 loads of laundry I do each week up and down the basement steps.
Benny the builder.  It has been especially exciting for the little boys to watch as the cement mixer, then the crane with the trusses and all kinds of work trucks show up at our house each day.  Benny loved playing and helping along side our contractor,s young sons, but I think that they are back to school now, and we won't be seeing as much of them in the days to come. 
The new bedrooms.  This is Tuesday, the day that the builders installed the windows. 
The view of our home for right now.  We are waiting on siding.  Not having a lot of success finding a good match.   I am so excited to watch this home of ours expand and grow, just like our family!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Julie V. said...

Danielle - I absolutely LOVED seeing the progress. Thanks for taking the time to share the photos! I love your heart to let the kids learn from it all. It will be so nice when it is complete! And I'm also grateful to hear that Timothy is settling into your family - God's kindness!

Denae said...

wow how exciting your house looks huge haha praise God for all the extra room what a joy! So happy that T is feelig better too. I love watching the progress! Not nearly as exciting as my chicken coop being built haha

Denae said...

I meant my chicken coop was not nearly as exciting

Keri said...

Great post! I loved the play-by-play on your house. It looks huge! I know, it probably won't feel that way once the novelty wears off :) So glad to hear about Timothy starting to sleep well - hope you're getting a little more rest because of that too!