Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not Farmers, but we are sick and funny

Oh has it been a fun week or two here at the Madi house.  Oh yes.  Joel had the flu last weekend, and was miserable.  In addition to Joel being sick on the couch for four days, our little Timmy love has been super fussy with teething and probably a virus of some sort.  Benny has been sick also,waking me up crying in the middle of the night with splitting headaches. The Dr. thinks it is probably a sinus infection.  My sinus infection is trying very hard to make a comeback, and with the lack of sleep and lots of caring for everyone, I won't be suprised if it wins the fight. 

And the rest of our little dears?  Going crazy being stuck inside because I think it is about 15 degrees outside today.  BRRRRRR.  Don't you homeschooling momma's just wish you had a gymnasium attached to the back of your house?  A sound proof gymnasium with a lock?

 Or if we can really dream here maybe we can dream a cross between Mary Poppins and Charlotte Mason (of homeschooling nature walking, lovely art projects and classical music- while we read novels aloud- fame)  who is just begging to come and stay with the dear children, they are sooo lovely and engaging, while you and your hubby fly off for a tropical vacation for a week?  A vacation that includes lots of drinks in coconut shells and lying on a hammock in the sun?  I guess if it is my dream, I can have both the vacation and the gymnasium; heated, soundproof and fully supervised. 

Ok that covers the sickness part.  Now for the not farmers but funny part. 
The extent of my children's farm knowledge is limited to a weekend  spent at Joel's aunt's horse farm each summer, driving past several dairy farms whenever we go anywhere and trips to the Farm Show the last two years.  I guess they might know a bit more about animals and such  than what I give them credit for, but nobody is going to confuse them with real country kids.  Not with comments like this from our Luke:

Holding a toy cow and examining it carefully as I helped him in to his jammies the other day.  "See dis?  Dis Cow has spwinklers!"
Oh really Lukie- sprinklers?  Where?  I was pretty sure I knew where this was heading! :)
Luke points to the cow's udder and teats.  "Spwinklers, you can sqweeze dem!" 
That is what Luke learned at the Farm Show this year. 

Oh hurry up spring time, but in the meantime let my kiddos keep me laughing. 

2 comments:

~Stephanie said...

Spwinklers! Hilarious!

Keri said...

Love it! I can see this becoming a dinnertime laugh around our kitchen table sometime soon :)

And I especially loved your perspective on the following post, about God granting grace in the everyday and about your children obviously adding more work and challenge to your days but also being what helps to make them especially sweet.

Good to see you at church today and know that the sicknesses are all cleared up if you were there :)