Valentine's Day has been a favorite around our home the last few years. Almost all the kids (Nate claims he doesn't own a red shirt) wore red and after they finished school, they got busy making decorations for our evening meal. Rachael took a picture of me and my two lil'est valentine boys. I can't believe my eighth child is riding on the zebra that Nate got for his first Christmas. Timothy can get all over the house on that toy, it is so cute to watch.
A full table is a blessing. A noisy blessing, but I love sharing meals with these nine people every night. A dinner party each and every day. We had ham (cooked in the crockpot since my oven is broken), green beans, and noodles and rolls.
A fun sign Jeremiah made and taped up, and my pretty Valentine roses from Joel, and a dish of candy for the kids. I love this pass-through above my sink. I can see into the school area and keep an eagle eye on the kids working (or not) at the table as I do the dishes or prep for meals.
Asher talking to his cousin Milenah on the phone. She called to wish him "happy birthday!" and they proceeded to chat for over twenty minutes. I don't know what about. Lots of giggling. Asher loved all the phone calls he got on his birthday, every time the phone rang, his eyes lit up. "Yes, another call for me, Mr. Popular". We miss you Nae and Kayiah and Milenah and Lew. Wish you could be here in person....
...to eat birthday s'mores. Asher didn't want a cake this year, but really wanted s'mores. I made a S'more cake and then on Valentine's Day, I made yummy indoor s'mores in the toaster oven. It took a few batches, but it was worth it. He loved them.
My most special Valentine gift ever. Asher Stephen (I just love his name). We can't believe that he is five years old already. It is going so fast. He has gorgeous eyes, and an infectious giggle. I love that giggle! I can hear it as I type. Asher is lots of fun. He is incredibly sweet and loving. And incredibly rough and rather bully-ish to his big brothers and other boys. He LOVES to wrestle with his cousin Blair. He loves to have Mommy tuck him in and kiss every single one of his stuffed animals good-night. He has quite the collection. I love you, Asher. And I thank God for you.
The whole, rather silly, OK overwhelmingly silly and crazy gang. I couldn't love these kiddies any more. Thank you God for this family.
After the birthday celebration, and eating lots of candy and then taking this really silly picture, Joel and I got the kiddos off to bed and exchanged our own Valentine cards continued with our valentine celebrations. Joel's been my valentine for 18 years now, and we are looking forward to lots more.
"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
"Little children, let us not love in word or talk, but in deed and in truth." I John 3:16, 18
1 comment:
April I believe we will be up for a few weeks so get ready, currently working out all the details. cant wait to see you all!
Post a Comment