Before
and
After
Joel and I have a little agreement that the baby boys and their baby curls belong to me until 18 months old. At that point their hair is usually very wild and curly and crazy and ready to be cut, and I am able to handle that with just a few tears. Timmy is only thirteen months old. His curls were three inches long. And with the heat his head of curls was often sticky and smelly and in his face. So I said, "Yes" when Joel was cutting our older boys' hair and asked if Timmy should get cut. He said he would put on the one inch attachment and that it wouldn't be too short. But then he forgot, and Timmy got the half inch cut the other boys did. So Timmy cried his little eyes out while Joel buzzed off his little curls. I was happy to comfort my sweet baby as soon as he was done and out of the chair. I think Timmy and I had the same feelings about the haircut. He looks so big and so much like Asher it isn't even funny. I do think it looks adorable, and he is cooler and not so smelly without the curls. But I know those baby curls won't return and it will be the buzz cut from here on out for my baby Tim. Who is looking not much like a baby anymore. At all. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment