Thursday, June 5, 2014

He's Here!!

 
 
Introducing Our Ninth Blessing!
 
Jonah Samuel
Born on May 19, 2014
at 7:18 p.m.
 
9lbs, 9oz and 21.5 inches long
 
 Joel getting to snuggle with his ninth child.  I have a picture like this of Joel holding each one of our little babies.  I never tire of seeing him with a baby in his arms.
 My first glimpse of the baby I felt moving and growing inside for nine months.  Welcome little Sweetheart!.  I had a hard time seeing the baby right after birth, as I was lying relatively flat due to some issues with the epidural.  Not the most fun birth experience at all, but the end result was worth it!  Jonah and I had a long last month of pregnancy that ended up with strict bedrest and induction a week early.  Labor was long and a a bit scary for me due to some complications.  Jonah was also a bit stuck on the way out, which is a first for me also.   He had his arm out at a ninety degree angle with his hand alongside his face! You would think that after having nine births that some would be the same, but each one has been different.  I am glad that all went well with his birth and that I remained healthy enough.  I am feeling pretty weak still, and it might be a bit of time until I feel recovered this time.  I am so greatful for the meals, and help with the children that our family and church friends have provided for us. 
 "I'm not sure I like it out here.  I've been poked and prodded way too much already!"  because Jonah was a big chunk of love, he had to have multiple glucose tests done, which he passed just fine.  He also had a lot of heel sticks and a few blood draws to check on the jaundice issues he had the first week.  I hate seeing them poking needles in such a tiny lil' guy.  I am glad that he is doing well now. 
 The midwife thought he was a big boy.  And she was right!  He is one ounce smaller than both Timothy and Luke though, so he is not my biggest baby.  But he was a full week early, so given time to grow, he probably would have beat them both, and maybe cousin Sianah. 
 Feeling a bit better and happy to snuggle and meet our new baby.  We had a hard time choosing his name, going back and forth between Aaron and Jonah.  Jonah won out late that night.  We are glad we chose it.  Jonah means dove, but it brings to mind God's redemption and mercy.  Perfect. 
 Lots and Lots of eager, adoring fans came to visit their newest brother on Tuesday evening.  I was happy to see all my children, and glad to see the happy excited faces that all of them wore.  A new baby is such a blessing to the whole family.  Our children have always anticipated with joy the arrival of another child.  Just like their Daddy and I do. 
 Baby Tim-Tim is now promoted to Big Brother.  Only a week over the age of two, and already loving his "baby Donut".  A nick-name that is already sticking.  Thanks to Timothy's mispronounciation we now have a little Donut in the family.  Timothy loves his baby brother.
 And how in the world did this happen?  My baby Nate holding baby Jonah and looking way too big and grown up?  Time goes by way to fast for this mommy anymore.  So I just try to treasure up every single moment of this special time in my life, for I know it won't last forever. 
 Another live baby doll for our Baby-girl!  Rachael so wanted a sister, but I think she is smitten with Jonah.  She is a big help, a bit bossy with the other boys in regards to caring for Jonah, and a joy to watch holding and talking to her eighth brother. 
 Could I be more blessed?  I don't take this for granted.  Thank you God for nine healthy, beautiful children to love and care for.  I don't deserve this kindness. 
 The ever-expanding M. family.  Who knew that we would be a family of eleven?  Not me.  Not Joel.  Just God. 


 After welcoming nine children into our home in the almost seventeen years we have been married, Joel and I agree that there isn't anything sweeter.  It never gets old.  Our marriage, or the joy of looking at this new little life and marveling at God's goodness. 
 Welcome Home!  Baby Jonah.  The kids decorated.  Rachael made a cake.  But we got home too late to enjoy it all that night due to some issues with Jonah's elevating billirubin levels.  We arrived home at nearly ten at night.  The bigger children were up to welcome us, but soon retired to bed as Joel and I settled in for the first of many (and many more to come) long nights with a new baby. 
Jonah needed to be on the lights to help break down the billirubin.  After five days, he was responding well and we were able to have our baby back minus the vacume like cord and glow-worm lights. 
 
Jeremiah and his youngest brother.  I love seeing how gentle and loving my bigger ones are to the babies in the family.  All the children love the babies and enjoy holding and caring for them.  I love watching the relationships they have with each other develop and grow.  Timmy still loves Nate more than just about anyone, maybe anyone but my Dad.  Timmy still cries to be carried around the house with his head on Nate's shoulder.  And Nate is happy to comply.  I am not sure yet whom little Jonah will take to, but right now he is enjoying the snuggles and love from Mommy and Daddy and seven big brothers and his sister. 
 
God has been so good to us.  We are amazed that He would bless us with another precious life!  Thank you for your continued prayers for all of us. 

2 comments:

Denae said...

yay yay yay love all the pics! the boys are getting way too big! love the pic of you and Joel too! Can't wait to see you guys.

Carol Stolte said...

I am so so so so happy for all of you! I LOVE your family. What a miracle! Good Job.