Monday, November 26, 2007

Blessed Beyond Measure

My God has been so abudantly good to me and my dear family. A day like Thanksgiving just makes me more keenly aware of all the lavish grace my savior has poured on us. Salvation first and foremost. I have been recently reflecting on the doctrine of election and just how awesome that God would save any. Let alone me. And my husband, and it appears my three oldest children thus far. God you are so good. And with our salvation He has seen fit, for reasons I cannot know to place us in this home, with a good income, friends and family nearby. A great church. I could go on and on. We had a yummy dinner with my parents and my brother, sister in law and three nieces.

This year, again I spent two weeks before Thanksgiving doing alot of reading to the kids about the pilgrims and our nations early days. There are some wonderful books available if you can pick through the silly ones that never mention who the pilgrims were thankful to.

Joel and I were so happy to have a date night last night. We went to Applebees where I enjoyed salmon and rice (I love fish) and then went to a new Starbucks to sit and talk. I sipped a yummy peppermint hot-chocolate since I can't tolerate coffee this pregnancy. But spending a few hours just talking to Joel was the highlight. We went over our notes from the parenting conference we recently attended and had a nice time discussing what we need to change in our parenting, and in our own lives. We spent the dinner hour discussing baby names, which was fun, and we are getting very near having a definite boy and girl name! Thank you Meggie for watching the kids for us! Poor Eli cries whenever he sees Megan because he knows it means Mommy is leaving him! But she assures me he stops once the car pulls away. I secretly love that he is so upset that I am leaving him. Soon he will give me the "Bye Mommy" that the rest of the kids give from across the room.

Speaking of Elijah, my little Boo turned two last Thursday! How can this be?? We had a very low-key celebration for him, just the seven of us. He loved singing Happy Birthday and he even blew out the candle. The next night we stuck candles in the pumpkin pie and sang again to him. What a blessing Elijah has been to this family. We all love him so much. He is such a good boy during church, sitting in his stroller pretty quietly. He loves to rock and snuggle with me, his eeyore and his fuzzy blankie. And of course his paci. He loves to hug his brothers and sister. He loves Winnie the Pooh, and playing in the yard and going for walks.
Joel's dad came for a visit on Saturday. My mother in law is in Floriday caring wonderfully for her mother who is terminally ill. It was wonderful to see Joel's dad, and it felt weird to not have mom there with him. He brought Eli up a little people air plane and along with the tractor that my parent's gave him Eli has learned to scream if anyone touches his new presents. I often go in to get Elijah up from nap and find that Rachael or Ben has put in both toys for him to play with.

Well, that is the end of the news from our home. Pretty soon we will be decorating for Christmas and tomorrow I have to get back in to school mode for a month. I am so excited to meet our newest little one and hope the next two months go really quickly.

4 comments:

Denae said...

We missed you guys at thanksgiving. I can't believe Eli is 2 already and will be the big brother soon. date nights are so nice I'm glad you guys got to enjoy 1 and it is nice when you know your little one is missing you, as long as it doesn't stress you out.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli! I look forward to his cute little smile-even though he hides it from me. I know it's there behind Eyeores' tail!
I look forward to being able to hug and snuggle the next blond haired, blue-eyed, Madison babe. I am blessed to have a younger friend since my little ones aren't babies anymore, I can just snuggle yours. That way, even when I am 80, I can still hold another blond haired, blue-eyed, Madison babe! ;-) (Wont that be funny if that comes true?)
Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was good to see you on Sunday. Lord willing, I'll see you Wed. night.

Anonymous said...

Dani, that last comment was from me-Bonnie, in case you couldn't figure it out.

staceyhoff said...

I know, I feel the same ways~ so grateful for God to have places us in this church~us!~ and in the family I have,in the station of life we each have to fill,God has been so good to us,financially and friends too but salavation,the greatest gift; I am so grateful for this and I just pray that God will always keep drawing us all to Him.

I only talked a bit with the boys about the Pilgrims, we made a cornucopia and watched a show on the History channell about the Indians (lol) but we didn't break out any books, though we did watch Amazing Grace(finally!) and Ty did asome research and a book report on Wilbur Wilberforce, and I think that had exceeding value. I liked seeing the movie together and reading his paper with him anyways ;)

I'm glad that you and Joel got a date night.

Al is at work right now at 11:08 pm, and I just can't go to sleep~ it's so wierd with him now working nights to go to bed knowing that he won't be up in bed too soon enough.I know that he won't be coming up to bed at all, since he comes home at 7:15 am just to change into his uniform quick and go out to his other jobs. I really hate him having to work 2 jobs like this. I know that God is with him, it is just a difficult season...

Anyways, I know just what you mean about Elijah turning 2; Grace will be 2 December 28th, and I just can't believe how much she is growing up now, even though that sounds silly for me to say since she is only 2,but, she is talking so much more and she still cries for me(I like it too, even though sometimes it is exhausting lol) but I know sometime soon she will be like see ya,mom! and I will be sad!

I will pray for your mother and father in law over in Florida. What an example of servanthood your mom-in-law is; I know that it would be that way with Alan and I,too, no way would we be able to walk away from the other if one was ill,especially termanilly ill, even if it meant seperation from other family for an extended time. I will pray that this time together will be especially rich for them...

I also have to tell you that Joshua has requested a play date,atour house,with Benny to play with his monster trucks or build a fort,to be exact,lol!
I told him that I will ask his mommy on her blog since I never know what times to call people unless I talk tot hem all the time and know their families rough schedule lol anyways and I will be glad to take those CM lessons from you 2morrow night ;)

see u then :)