This weekend Joel and I were able to attend a parenting seminar by Paul Tripp. It was really good for us to be reminded of what is required of us as parents, in the discipline and training of our little sinners. We also had a nice time riding with the Ruoss', they live just a few streets away from us and are waiting to adopt a little baby.
When we came home and picked up our kids from my parents, Benny wanted to know where the new big paddle was! We had told him we were going to learn how to discipline him better. My mom told him we would buy a new, improved paddle. He was happy to see that we had not. (however, if they were for sale there that might have been tempting...)
We are enjoying? our first snowfall. It is only a slushy three inches and it isn't really good to play in, but it looks pretty. This one gorgeous red tree out front looks so pretty with the leaves falling on the white snow. And my pear treee is still green, so that just looks odd. Green leaves and snow. Nate and Jeremiah are shoveling the walks for me. It is great to have growing boys who really enjoy this kind of thing!
We had a great time last night with the Putnam family. I impressed them with my ability to order pizzas and pour soda for dinner and Tracy did impress with a nice apple pie-yum! We are so glad you guys are back and don't mind my not so homecooked hospitality! Joel and I always enjoy just sitting and chatting with you guys over coffee.
I also did something kind of funny last night. I went to bed before ten, but Joel had things to do (watch Meet the Robinson's) and didn't come up till midnight. When he came in to the room I woke up and thought it was morning. I got up and looked out the window and commented that though our road was still pretty snowy the main roads would probably be fine. "why are you getting back in bed?" I questioned Joel-it's 5:30. No he said, it is midnight. I felt kind of silly, but happy to still have a few hours to sleep!
4 comments:
I love those moments when I realize I don't really have to be up yet! We're still waiting for our first "real snow". It was exciting to watch it come down yesterday, it just didn't lay out here. But it made it a lot harder to resist the urge to put on Christmas music and burn my Pine Scented candle. Four more days and then I'm giving in!
Your kiddos are too cute. I love to wake up thinking it is later than it is and see the clock and realize I can sleep a little more. It si a refreshing feeling :). That was a funny story!...Love ya...Shannon
I love that story too... unfortunately it never happens to me... my stories are the opposite where it's 5;30, time to get up and it feels like 11pm and only asleep for an hour. I hope it didn't ruin the rest of your night :) And the Tripp seminar WAS encouraging... our families as learning communities and we are the paintbrush he is using to paint our children for God's glorious masterpiece. A much needed refresher teaching for me right now. :)
Ha ha!I have done that before!! Actually, I think it was just a couple of weeks ago that I went to have a rest at 5:30(pm) and Al let me sleep 'till 10pm! because I was so exhausted(as u can see,I really was!) and I got up, came downstairs and started putting on the coffee, thinking about breakfast preparations, all the while thinking it was early morning and the kids were all still asleep, when Al came upstairs into the kitchen from the basement and scared me so bad!!! Lol!! ;) (He wasn't already gone to work at all, he was just downstairs doing something in the garage and the kids were up in their room playing quietly, Grace was even asleep in her crib right in the same room as me and I didn't even notice her!!) Oh, I think I lost at least a year off of my life that day!! Ha ha!!
I loved seeing the snow on the leaves that one day too, too bad for the kiddos it didn't pile up...but I won't lie and say that I was upset, I don't care for the snow(unless I only have to get to look at it.)
I am happy that you guys enjoyed the parenting conference, I did,too. I still can't get over those Giant Grapes. My kids would have gotten a kick out of those! Joel cracked us up with the smooshed-face on the glass at Subway; our family always does that! ;)
And I would have bought the new paddle too... lol!
xoxo's <3 Stacey
Post a Comment