This morning as I was getting Elijah up and dressed Benny said to me,"Baby Elijah is sure cute, isn't he Mommy?"
"Oh,yes Elijah is our cutie pie" I replied to Ben.
"Yes, Elijah sure is cute, He is like a dinosaur!"
"A dinosaur Benny? You think your brother looks like a dinosaur?" I answered, a bit puzzled.
"Well, baby dinosaurs, a baby T-Rex is very cute! " Benny replied.
Later today, as I was getting up from Benny's bedside after pre-nap prayers Benny looked up at me and said very seriously, "You look like Santa Claus Mommy!"
I just had to laugh. I guess from his vantage point his 31 week pregnant mommy in a red sweatshirt did indeed look like Jolly ol' St. Nick. While laughing I thought that my little round belly shakes as I laugh like a bowl full of jelly!
So even though Benny is usually filled with flattery for me, always telling me that I look "bwutiful" I am seriously beginning to doubt his judgement!
4 comments:
You just gotta love the stuff kids say, the way they think. Did I tell you how we ask Kayiah whats in mommy's belly and she will usually say baby (even though she will do this to her own and daddy's belly as well), one day I was on the phone with mom and I asked her "Kayiah what's in mommies belly?" "A snack" was her reply. The santa one was funny I'll be careful not to wear red now and I love the baby t rex such a boy1
Oh Danielle! I'm glad you could laugh about it :)
You got me LOL and ROFL. I love how you capture the funny moments of your day with the kids... such precious moments!
Your Benny is such a cutie! I loved your last post too...I love how thankful you are for all God has blessed you with. I can't wait to meet little baby Maddie either! And we had a great time at Thanksgiving with the Maddie clan! Love ya much....
Post a Comment