This is Benny and Elijah and my parents. My parents have a wonderful tradition of taking the Birthday kid out for a fun breakfast (usually McDonalds) and then often to Toys R Us where they browse the whole store and many times allow the Birthday boy (or girl) to pick out their gift (with-in budget of course!) Benny and my Dad loved this awesome cowboy costume and that is what Benny came home in. He hasn't taken it off, except to sleep. He put it right back on over his jammies early this morning. What wonderful memories the kids are making with Mom-Mom and Pop-pop Down the Block. We all love you and appreciate the many many ways you care for us!
Monday Evening was the Cub-Scout Father Son Bake-off. Joel and the boys worked hard Sunday afternoon. I heard a few "whoops" and "oh no- get that egg-shell". I refused to help at all. All I did was supply a trusty recipe. It all had to be from scratch, no mixes allowed. What fun they had together. Here are Jerem and Nate putting the finishing touches on the Boot cake they made. It doubled as Benny's birthday cake also. (yes, Jerem is about to eat the decorating icing. )
All that hard work paid off!!! What a suprise!!! My boys won first prize!!! They beat out nineteen other cake entries to win. Jeremiah was so thrilled, although he doesn't look it here. All the picture taking was holding him back from sampling all those entries lined up on the table. Benny got to chose between 20 cakes for his birthday and many pies and pastries also. What a fun evening. Jeremiah told me today that he knows the secret to why their cake won. "It tastes just like Woman cake!" He told me at lunch. Indeed, it does taste just like an experienced woman made it instead of a Daddy and two little boys! Yeah!!Joel and Nate and Jeremiah.
3 comments:
Great job Joel, Nate and Jerem. The cake looked delicious! We are still wrestling with what our boys are going to make next week for our packs bake-off. So Dani, who did the clean up?
Ben looks like he's ready to go clear the town of all the bad guys! Have fun Ben-Ben, protector of the Madison corral!
The boys look so handsome in their uniforms! I'm glad benny had a god birthday and even more glad that you can post pictures! I say get those boys in the kitchen more often thats where I keep mine hahaha!
Ha Ha! Woman cake! I love that!
And I love what cool grandparents your kiddos have ;) Our kids love their grandparents,too! Grandparents rock!!
Danielle, do you mind if I ask how much being involved in that costs, and if you know if they have anything for Ty's age (he will be 13 in March)?
And, I am sorry for sounding so complain-y in my last comment (I was being complain-y, I was feeling sorry for myself that I didn't train my little one when I was supposed to! lol!)Thanks for being forebearing :)
Post a Comment