After a fall and early winter spent sickness free, it seems that it is time for illness to hit our household. Joel had a "funny" belly for a few days, and this morning I woke up to realize that I have the stomach bug now. It is never very pleasant, much less so at 39 weeks and four days pregnant.
I am asking you ladies (I assume that is who reads these ramblings of mine) to please pray that this virus will be a quick one and that I will be all better by the time God brings our new little one into the world. I don't really want to do labor with the stomach flu! Also please pray for the kiddies. So far, so good- but I am waiting to hear that first little voice in the night..."Mommy...I don't feel so ...........Yack! all over the floor!" I am trying hard to preach to myself that God has a good plan for this. I am 2-3cm now, and glad that things are moving in the right direction, but not wanting this baby here for a few days. Knowing me, I still have a week or so to go anyway but I have changed my prayers from "please soon Lord" to "please heal me before sending this baby". It is funny, God knows the future and I don't. I have to ammend and totally change my prayers to him, based of off what I know now, but he is omniscient and knows the perfect time and circumstances for me and this baby. Thank you for your prayers.
8 comments:
Uggh! The same bug went through our family last week - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! I will be praying that God heals you quickly & that the rest of the family remains healthy. Also that you are able to rest before the baby comes. We can't wait to hear the news
Oh Danielle - I will be praying! I remember changing my prayers just as you mentioned when Katelyn got a week long fever the week before Caleb was due. She got better and 4 days later he was born. God's plan is perfect. At the time I realized that was how God was helping me be "patient" in that last week but also how he was teaching me once again that I deserve nothing. A hard reminder for me when 39 weeks pregnant! I don't know if that is encouraging or not but I am praying for your heart and contentment and joy in the Lord no matter what God's plans are. He gives us strength! love ya!
Oh, Dani! I can so relate to this post! Our household had the flu when I was a week late with A.J. I too changed my prayers regarding his arrival during that time!! Looking back, though, Maddie, Ben and I laying on the sofa bed eating jello is a sweet memory--it really caused us all to slow down and was one of our last memories of just the three of us. Praying you find some rest during this time and that baby decides to wait until you're done getting sick! xoxo
Hey Dani, I will be praying, I don't know if we had the same one but it started that day I talked to you on the phone and Kayiah destroyed her crib with blow out diareah, she didn't seem to be in too much pain then I got it just for like 2 days and Lew and I had it around the same time he threw up and I didn't (actually I prayed against it)Ours was short lived so I pray your will be too! It's deff going around.
We are praying for you too! Love you all lots...
Praying you are on the mend, my friend...so grateful to know that God's plan is perfect and that He has planed all things for your good...:)
I had wondered if you weren't at church because you had the baby! Praying for you with that bug that it will go quickly and not hang around,that bug hit us as well, and it was Not Fun. At least most people I have heard from that had it said it only lasted 24 hrs. for them. The key is none of the kids catching it and keeping it going ha ha so I am praying for that for you !
A little birdy told me you weren't feeling well. But when I noticed the whole family was absent from church this morning... and your mom as well... my imagination ran and I hoped for better news. I checked with your dad and he said you were all sick :-( I'm praying with you!
Post a Comment