Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Ordinary Day

Doing chores. The singing and dancing around and pretending the broom is a sword make clean up alot longer than it needs to be...but more fun!
Nate hard at work in his math book
Rachael doing her kindergarten phonics lesson.
This one has a desk right next to the teacher's! Jerem is hard at work in his math book.




Well, today was the big day. Super Tuesday. The day Baby Madie #6 was due to arrive. It seems that it isn't going to happen unless I start labor now and go nice and quick. So now I need an extra dose of patience to just wait it out.


Thank you for all the prayers. I am feeling alot better and Joel is the only other one who got sick. Saturday evening left me a little fearful. Joel was camped out in the bathroom, my mom was sick with the flu also and I thought, "If I go into labor now, who will come with me??" I guess I would find someone! But, God kept this little (big) one put.


So, I leave you with a snapshot of what our day was like today instead. Pretty normal. These are the calm pictures. Not shown. Jeremiah driving a chariot in the living room, the wrestling match and coaching session after dinner (Daddy, Nate and Jerem plus the little ones and a stuffed elephant were having a lesson). And my tears. Come on Sunshine!!! It has been a long gloomy few weeks, what these kiddies need, and their mommy is some nice spring time! Once again, I am not very pleased with the groundhog.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and Joel were the only ones to get sick! (Sorry that you had to go through it, though!) I love the pictures of the kids at school. Pretty soon you'll have to rent out your own one-room school house! It's great to see you are back to normal - for the time being. I always love discovering the new 'normal' after a new baby is born. We are anxiously awaiting to hear the news of baby Maddie #6!!! You're in our prayers.

Love ya, Megan & family

Anonymous said...

Danielle - I just love the floor - I knew you had it done but just now realized we never saw it! Very nice. I love your school room desks too.
Josiah however did love the groundhog report because he is still hopeful for some big snow. The kids got me snowpants for christmas and I haven't been able to use them yet. He thought the Groundhogs report meant we were going to have 6 more weeks of snow. I, myself would love to go on walks with the kids again though -- soon! Hang in there! Still praying for you - these days are the hardest!

Denae said...

Here in Savannah We are all praying for Spring for you guys,it's been in the low 80's all week not that it's gonna stay this hot yet. I love that you can upload pics of my nephews and niece now. I too thought that your floors looked really good in the pic, I have seen them in person and they are nice but that picture was like wow! Come on #6!

Bonnie said...

So glad you are feeling better. I was really worried when I saw the empty row of seats at church on Sunday. Kate and I prayed for you all when we saw you weren't there. I'll be anxious to hear the news of the new little one when we get back from Florida-surely by then he/she will be here ;-? I'll be praying for you.