Mommy, Daddy and very new baby boy. After a looong and grueling day
Our growing family. Look at all those excited grins!
Another baby who loves his paci.
Asher Stephen MadisonBorn: February 14, 2008 at 7:28 pm
eight pounds, fourteen ounces, and twenty one inches long
Well, here is the post I have been waiting for! Our little one did not want to come out. At nine days late, the midwife decided to induce me. Early on Valentine's morning Joel and I headed out to meet our little bundle. We didn't know twelve hours of a crazy and often times scary labor were ahead. This was unlike any other labor for me, and I am so glad that in the end it all worked out fine. The nurses shifts changed, my midwife's shift was up and the Dr. was called in. At six thirty in the evening I had only dilated 2cm. The baby's heart was going crazy, my contractions weren't effective, the Dr. could still not reach the baby's head (where was it???) without lots of effort to put in the internal monitors, which was quite a new thing for me along with the oxygen and other interventions. But in the last hour I was able to go from 4cm to complete and deliver the second child of ours born before the Dr. could make it into the room. The nurses did a great job!! I am famous now at the hospital for nurse-deliveries!!
What a big beautiful BOY!!! Five little sons to love. Rachael is in love with her little brother, which I am so glad about because she really wanted a sister. I think she thinks he is a real live baby doll. Asher is doing well, he is nursing wonderfully and is managing to avoid the billi lights and jaudice the others have gotten. He loves to snuggle and he has been recieving lots of them.
I am doing well. Joel goes back to school tomorrow, but the big kids are still at my parents' home. What a blessing. My dad, the brave man, took all five of them alone to Cabella's today for a field trip! I can't wait to hear how that went. Well, it is time for us to eat, Asher and I! So I will go now. Thanks for all the prayers on our behalf.
Genesis 30:13 "And Leah said,"Happy am I! The women have called me happy." So she called his name Asher. "
8 comments:
Your not the only one who has been waiting for this post! Ok so congrats and we are so excited to see baby Asher! What a beautiful name I was trying to figure where in the bible it was found. Glad to hear all is going well I love you! Here's hoping for my new blog post on baby Clements.
Oh Danielle I am so happy for you and your family! I am glad that Asher finally arrived for you and that he and his brothers and sister are all adjusting well! You continue to be in my prayers!! xoxo
Congratulations to the Growing Madison Family! What sweet pictures! I especially love the one of the whole family - all the kids look so happy, esp. Rachael holding her new baby brother. You are still in our prayers, esp. these next few days while you adjust with Joel back to work. Can't wait to meet Baby Asher in person! LOve ya - Megan
Congratulations Madisons!
Danielle, I could not believe what I was reading about your labor! I'm so grateful that everything still was safe and well in the end. Isn't it amazing how each labor can be so different?? You and your family are in my prayers. Thank you for the pics. I love the kids' "grin" picture and the one of Asher in the bassinet is too adorable - you just want to pick him up and snuggle!
So glad you are both doing well! That was a crazy labor that was for you...and then for him to come before the doctor could get there...oh my...I love the pictures...cannot wait to meet the newest little Maddie and I really like the name especially the meaning of it...you are definitely a happy momma of six sweet kiddos...Love ya
Hooray! I've been very eager to see these pictures. Those are some cute cheeks :-) Now I just want to hold him. I love that the Lord has brought your parents so close and that they care for your family so well. Rejoicing and praying with you...
What a cutie he is. I too love the pic of all of you. Rachale looks like she is ready to be his 2nd momma! Can't wait to get to hug my new nephew! Love ya Dani
Yeah he's here! What a sweet heart, I can't wait to snuggle that cute little guy! And you almost waited for me to be back home too!
What a great picture that is of your whole family! The kids all look so excited to have a baby brother-though I think Eli looks a little like he's pondering how this is going to impact his position in the family.
Love ya,
Bonnie
Post a Comment