Only ten more days 'til this little one is supposed to make his or her arrival! And I am having such a hard time being patient. I have been praying every morning that God would help me to have patience in this and that I would rest in His perfect timing. But it is hard. And this is a good waiting, with a very happy ending, Lord willing.
I wonder how forebearing I would be in the face of real trial and needing to wait patiently on my God. I think of Joel's grandmother Caroline Hill, who early this morning went to be with her Jesus. She has been waiting for this through a prolonged time of being on her deathbed. Joel's mom has been caring for her selflessly for nearly three months. She has been away from her home and husband for that long. Mom-mom was eager to go. We were eager to see this suffering come to an end, and yet, God required patience from her, and Joel's mom and aunts as they cared for her physically and spiritually. We have no doubts to where mom-mom Hill is this afternoon. She is with her Jesus, and happily reunited with her husband, and a daughter and a grand-daughter whom she was very eager to see again. The kids were excited when I told them that mom-mom Hill was in heaven. What a wonderful end to a long and good life.
So, I am finding that God's timing is not mine, and he has a perfect plan for me and this little one. We are so eager to meet him and finally hold that little tooshy that has been pushing into my ribs, and look at the knees that thus far have only been lumps under my skin. I know that soon I will trade the discomforts of the ninth month of pregnancy for the sleep deprived, teary, weeks of newborn-babyhood. Patience. Patience.
5 comments:
How nice it is to be able to llok joyfully at a life reborn in heaven, God is so good to us to know the end is just the begining, of a life better then we had here. I too am getting impatient and kinda nervous since I am measuring where we originally thought (now 36 weeks) but they still have me moved at 33-34 weeks I have no idea when the baby will come. My sleep at night is getting worse which I guess is just Gods way of preparing us for when the baby gets here and our sleep will be cut even more. You are in my prayers and I'm so excited to meet the newest Maddie even if it's just by the blog at first
I am so sorry to hear about Joel's Grandmom! But what a neat thing it is to think of her in heaven...
What a differnce it is between being the pregnant one and those of us just watching...I can't believe it is only 10 days to your due date! It is so much harder thinking that when it is so challenging to do things with a baby in the belly! You looked really cute the other night :) I'll be praying for you too! Can't wait to me the cutie pie with its big blue eyes and black hair...or maybe this one will be different??? Love ya...
Do you think there's any way you would consider holding off on this baby until we get back from vacation? ;0)
I am praying for you that God's grace would uphold you and strengthen you for the remainder of the cooking process. And that the timer would ring soon!!!
I am sorry to hear of Joel's Grandmother. What a great hope we have though, that even with the death of one we love, we can rejoice.
See you Sunday?... or not?...The Lord's will either way!
I am so excited for you guys that you will be holding your little one in your arms very soon ;)
It's so exciting, waiting to see when God has planned for them to come into the world, isn't it? I remember Josh's unplanned c-section delivery, and then having Grace's planned c-section delivery changed 3 times! And, way back when in 1995 (lol), having the nurses pump me full of petocin and still Ty wouldn't budge, then the Dr. came in and broke my water bag and left, telling me it'd be a while yet, and Ty decided to come while he was gone! Ha ha!
God had His plan the whole time, and it worked out just the way He wanted it to. It's neat to remember those things now, thinking about you and your newest soon to arrive. God has a long, long history of faithfulness to so many of us, doesn't He! Amazing!
And all the more, the sweet assurance too that there is Heaven to look forward to at the end.
We are so happy for you guys :)
<3 Hoffman's
Post a Comment