
These pictures are all out of order. I don't know how to upload them in the order I want. So this is the last night of our vacation. The three oldest are riding the free fall. Rachael loooves this ride. Jeremiah hates spinning rides. Nate loves spinning rides, but dislikes rollercoaster type rides. Not that there are those at the board walk we go to..
Our Night life baby...see the clock on the wall. It is PM. He has a bad habit of wanting to be up late and get up early in the morning.
We went to the bay one evening for a walk. We didn't stay long because a thunderstorm was coming quickly. I think the storm clouds mixed with the sunset made it extra pretty. Storms come up so quickly at the beach.
Making s'mores after a cook out. Yummy
Breakfast of the Champions. We have a much anticipated tradition of allowing each kid to pick out his own breakfast cereal for vacation. Where are the Cheerios and Kix and Shredded Wheat I ask?? And I wonder why they are so full of energy on vacation?!
I love this picture of Joel and baby boy. It was really windy in the front of the boat, but Asher seems really content.
We took a family trip to Cape-May via the Ferry. This is on the return trip home. We visited the Cape May zoo and had an absolutely wonderful day. Well except the huge blowout Eli had at the zoo ( I threw out his clothes, thankfully I am used to these things and packed a spare)
My Jeremiah and I. He lost another tooth on vacation. He is getting so big. Almost eight. He is feeling all better and is back to his normal exuberant self.
watching the wake at the back of the boat. Did I mention how gorgeous the day was. We had alot of rain, lightning and even hail during the week, but not the day we planned this outing. God was so good to us. He knows how much I would hate to be on a boat in a storm! We once again had a great family vacation. We had a great trip to Cape May, went to the bay one day. Asher wasn't happy on the beach so the next time we went Joel took the older kids and I stayed home with our fussy man. He did not do a good job sleeping and cried a whole lot. The other kids were so understanding and accomodating of their little brother.
Highlights this year:
. new icecream store at a local dairy farm. So good
. Jeremiah and Nate can swim in the deep end of the pool
. Elijah loved seeing "God's big wa-wa juice", that's the ocean for the rest of us. He was so amazed.
. even though I hate thunderstorms, we saw some very poweful displays of God. huge hail, amazing thunder with fingers reaching all across the sky. I was glad we were safely in our van.!
.seeing what suprise the kids chose for each other. We have another tradition of giving each kid five dollars to spend on a sibling at Walmart. They have fun thinking of what to buy to bless someone else and it helps them be less self focused ( I think)
.s'mores, grotto pizza and Donut Connection donuts. It wasn't a healthy food vacation in the least!
Ok that's it. I wont keep you hostage anymore with my rambling...
now to plan for school!
2 comments:
Danielle,
It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! I am so glad. I was praying for you while you were away. I love that tradition you started of them buying each other gifts! That is such a neat way for them to put others first! Do you mind if I borrow it? Tell Eli I love God's big Wa-wa juice too and I can't waite to jump in it, Lord willing, in 2 weeks!
yay I was hoping this post was up i only check like 3x a day. Sounds like you had a great vaca! Love all the little traditions that make it extra special I woulda picked the recees cereal too (its fiber 1 for me at home, zzzzz) They are all looking so big love the pick of you and Jerem, love the one of Joel and owly ( a nick name Iv given Asher) Did I tell you Becky brought me a take and bake grottos? so good, Im gonna call you.
Post a Comment