Rachael Simone turned six years old on Saturday. What a blessing she is to this family. I sure love my bundle of pink. Her cake was a spur of the moment thing. We were supposed to visit the Maddie grandparents for the weekend, but Jeremiah's hospital stay for two nights changed our plans. What would I do without my neighbor Deb, who came to the rescue with lots of pink icing and sprinkles, and even cooked our Birthday Girl's dinner. What a blessing this family has been to us in the two years we have known them.
A little over-exposed. But she looked so pretty to me as I sat outside taking a breather from chores today. She is looking so big and grown up. I just love her to pieces...
she looks a bit upset here, but she isn't. Probably just the bright sunshine. What helpers the kids were today. They washed the mini blinds for me while I cleaned the bathrooms and did laundry. The blinds look great! The bathtubs are gleaming. The laundry is coming along. the living room is re-arranged. Too bad things won't stay like that for long.
Play-dough fun. A picture by Nate. We have had to keep Jeremiah relatively quiet and calm this week as he recovers from pneumonia. He is feeling a lot better, still on his medicines, but wanting to play. We had all the kids outside on the front stoop with the playdough for an hour or so. Here are some of the things they created.
Benny, with a bike helmet on and the rods for the miniblinds. I don't know exactly what he is doing here. Again it is overexposed. My laundry was so happy on the line today. What a pretty day to hang out wash!I have been making my own laundry soap. I wanted to trial run it before I shared the recipe, but I love how it works. And it is cheaper than buying it all ready made. So if you want to feel especially homemaker-y this week give it a try. It smells so good also:
Laundry Soap:
1 bar Fels Naptha soap
1 cup Borax
1 cup Arm and Hammer washing soda
~grate the Fels Naptha soap with a box grater on the super fine side, so it is a powder.
mix the soap powder with the cup of borax and washing soda.
Store in a tupperware container or large mason jar.
use 1-2 Tablespoons per load..
I really like this. It will not sudse up like regular soap, but it will clean so nicely.
Update on my Jeremiah: He is doing so well, his lungs are clearing out. He likes to show off his wounds from the IV and his hospital bracelets and face mask (he was required to wear one if he left the room at all) are in his treasure box. This boy is tough! NO TEARS over all the poking, and sticking, medicines, breathing tubes etc. I love you Jeremiah!! We have Asher on antibiotics to ward off pneumonia as he has a bad cold. The doctor is hopeful that if we get the medicine in him now, he won't get sick like Jeremiah. we are hoping too!
8 comments:
we will continue to pray for your family for Jerems healing and that the baby doesnt get it. Your clothes do look happy on the line. It was almost 100 out today and the heat index was over that but we did get a nice breeze every once and awhile. Did our letter get there yet? Rachael is so cute she remindes me of you but I think maybe she has Joels shaped eyes. We love litle girls around here!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!!! Ashlyn loved the pictures of you. We are glad to hear that Jeremiah is feeling better. I have been debating making my own laundry soap...so know that you have tried it and liked it maybe I'll give it a try too...the only thing I was wondering is where can you get the special soap and borax...do you need to go somewhere special or can you just get them at any store? Thanks Dani! Love ya...Shannon
I had to double take when I saw Rachael holding up SIX fingers! How is that possible? I remember her "walking" on her knees in care group at the Inglin's :-( Funny to think there have been three more babies since then. Recently I was singing a song and Xavier looked at me perplexed. He said, "Are you saying 'All that matters is...' or 'All the Madisons..."? It was the first phrase, but I was amused by him thinking I may be singing about all the Madisons!
I loved this post, Danielle, getting a glimpse into your recent days and enoying photos of the kids :) What a blessing Deb is! How kind of God to give you such a neighbor :) We'll be praying for Asher... Are you still going on vacation?
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY RACHEL!
Shannon, and whomever else was interested...
you can find Borax just about anywhere, Walmart or your market. It is with the laundry stuff, in a big box. I found the washing soda in my market, as well as the Fels Naptha soap. That soap is a laundry bar, so it was in that aisle also, near the bluing and other "old fashioned" laundry stuff. This is the soap my mom always used to wash my baby clothing in, it gets rid or all those yellow stains that show up when you store the baby things.
Happy laundering to you!
Thanks for the info Dani...I always wondered what the name of the stuff your mom used was...
Happy 6th birthday to you Rachael!!! She looks so beautiful in that birthday picture:) I too had to do a double take when I saw 6 fingers!!! WOW! These kiddos do grow fast! Thanks for the laundry soap recipe...I may have to give that one a try. Glad that Jerem is on the mend and that your little guy is doing well so far.
Happy Birthday Rachael! It has been so much fun watching as God has continued to grow you into such a beautiful, big girl! I love how helpful you are to your Mommy -especially with the little ones!
Glad to hear that Jerem is feeling better. We'll continue to pray for no more sickness-especially for little Asher!
Post a Comment