Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Things

I didn't have the chance to post this picture of the boys at the Blue-Gold banquet. This was two Sundays ago, a few hours before the big sickness invaded. Now they are both Webelos scouts, kind of in between the cub-scout program and the Boy-scout program. Nate and Jeremiah really enjoy scouting and are looking forward to a camping trip this summer.

Little purple flowers have bloomed on the side of the deck. The tulips and daffodils are waiting for it to warm up a bit (we had flurries last night and this morning) before they grace us with a bloom.

Joel has finished digging the garden (mostly). We have started tomotoes and peppers inside. I cannot wait to get the veggies in the ground, and the kids are excited also. We are already talking about going strawberrry picking in just over a month. Can you tell we are excited for warm weather, and all the delicious, good for you treats it brings?

The children have enjoyed riding their bikes in the afternoon. Benny is riding Nathanael's old 16 inch bike, and loving it. He pretends it is his horse (he wears cowboy boots, and brings his lasso with him, he is so cute) and I have been able to hang laundry several weeks now. I love that. I need to make a new clothes pin bag though.

School....I am probably more anxious than the kids to be done with it for the year. It is hard to sit down each day and get it all done. But we have two months left still, this teacher better buckle back down and get the learning done. I have been enjoying looking at curriculum for next year however. :)

The little boys (Asher and Eli) are on the mend. Both are still way more tired than normal, Asher falls asleep in his high chair at meals, and Eli has been a bit (ok alot) grumpy. But I think that they are getting there. The virus really took a toll on them. Thank you for praying for all of us.

Looking foward to celebrating Easter Sunday at church. Joel and I get to teach Rachael and Jeremiah's class at church. In the afternoon my parents and our friends, the Putnams, are coming to join us for dinner. I am going to experiment with a yummy looking lemon coconut cake recipe I found. The boys all have matching shirts to wear, Rachael has a pretty new dress and a shawl! I was so happy to find one! And I even got a new hair cut and some new clothing too. Yay for spring!!!!!!

Hopefully, I will remember to take pictures of all my cutie-pies in their Easter finery and I will be able to post some soon.

1 comment:

Denae said...

Yay for the boys Lew loves that they are scouts. I hope that Spring gets there soon for you. Oh and I hope to see some easter pics too!