Asher was wiped out by the time we sat down for our picnic lunch on the steps of this neat old house. I can't believe he was so comfy in the backpack. Asher and Eli did a fantastic job even though they didn't really understand anything about the field trip.
Can you find the mom hiding in this picture? What a gorgeous day my mom and I had for a field trip. There were several school groups there, but it wasn't too crowded. We just waited until after two o'clock to do a few things since the buses all left by then. That is a bonus of homeschooling. Not having to be back to school by a certain time.
Inside this home a lady was showing my mom and Nate how to do the paper cutting that the PA German people are famous for. The others lost interest pretty quickly so I took them outside for a bit. Asher loved practicing his walking skills.
Our cowboy was in his element at Landis Valley. He loved the huge barn the best, as well as taking a ride in a horse drawn wagon. Nate liked the BlackSmith shop, Jeremiah enjoyed petting the horses. Asher enjoyed looking at the farm animals. Elijah loved that one of the horses went "potty" right in the road right in front of him. He hasn't stopped talking about it since :)
These two girls had a great time. One thing that the kids all loved was a neat little room filled with things to play house with. Baskets of vegetables that Nate "planted" in the garden for the girls to pick. Cast iron cookware to use in the fireplace and a neat bean bag game kept the kids busy for quite some time. What a great day we all had. The kids came home happy, dirty and a bit more educated about how life was back in the "good ol' days". Now to plan our next adventure..........
3 comments:
Looks like you all had a great day. I loved the picture of all of you and little Asher sleeping. I think his hair is adorable.
What a great place - I have to write that down! And I love the matching dresses! Thanks for sharing your adventure... how fun! :)
Landis Valley is so fun! I am glad that you were all able to go and had sucha great time. Oh that sweet little Asher=) I love how you are in the middle of all the kiddos in that picture. So much fun!
Post a Comment