Asher has started walking!! It is quite the event at our home as his five bigger siblings follow him and cheer, and encourage him to walk back and forth from one to the other. Yay little Asher! He is so pleased with himself. I wish my camera were being cooperative and I had a picture of his big drooly grin as he toddles stiff legged and mechanically across the room.
And with walking has come new opportunities for adventure. He has discovered the joy of splashing hair brushes in the toilet! Opening and shutting and opening again the bread drawer. That bread is squishy feeling and fun to hug. That he can CLIMB! on to Benny's bed and see out the window. On to the coffee table to eat the crayons, "hug" the kids artwork and chew on their creations.
Asher loves to play outside, and what is so fun is that my big kids are big enough now to take Asher outside even if I can't go out with him. Jeremiah loves to push his brother around the yard in the cozy coupe, Rachael enjoys putting him in the baby swing and taking him for walks on our sidewalk in the stroller (usually with our neighbor girl, who adores Asher also. She and Rachael pretend to be his mom and keep him busy for at least an hour!) Nate can be counted on to squash any riskier adventures dreamed up for Asher by his other brothers and to alert me of impending disaster. It is such a joy to have bigger kids to help with the baby.
Joel and I just attended the CHAP homeschool convention, which is always a nice time for me, as I love to see all those great books lined up for what seems like miles. We had a nice time and were so glad that Asher slept well for us in the suite that we got upgraded to for free!! It took a few hours of looking and debating but we were able to find a Kindergarten program to do with our Benny, and buy all the other books for the bigger ones. So we have a 5th, 3rd, 2nd and Kindergarten student next year and all the books to prove it!! I can't believe I have been homeschooling for five years now. I was pregnant with my soon to be kindergartener when I started with Nate. Time flies when you are having fun, and not :)
4 comments:
yay asher! how fun to get upgaded to a sweet for the hotel eoom Im glad he cooperated for you guys! what did you go with for kindergarden curriculum?
Denae,
Yes, we were glad to get the suite too, much more room for Asher and they had just completely remodeled the room too.
We went with Abeka K math and Christian Light's Learning to Read phonics program. For the first three I did MFW, but thought trying to do two levels of MFW this year would be hard, so we will do the one level with all, and then the K stuff on the side. We are doing a World Geography unit this coming year in My Father's World and Benny can join in as he is able on the fun activities and Bible class.
YAY! Go Asher :) What a blessing to watch the love your children have for one another!! xoxo
Cannot believe that little man is walking! I cannot wait to see him in action=) How sweet that he has his brothers and sisters cheering him on! =)
Post a Comment