Joel finished his "honey do" list for the summer, and it was a longer one!! He was such a busy man this year. He taught two summer school programs and in the time left over from that he made sure the plumbing in the basement was corrected, he and my dad painted the living room and hallway upstairs. He ordered new carpets and ripped out all the old carpet and prepared the floors for them (they were installed the same day Asher was sent to the hospital in June). In addition to that, he repainted the kitchen and installed new countertops and faucet. He created a stepping stone path to the back fence. I am thinking he did some other smaller things also. And then last weekend he bought himself a new car! He is pretty happy about that. It is something that we have been talking about for at least a year, and since he worked two summer jobs, and we had a bit saved up, now seemed like a good time to do it. We are both pretty excited. Joel is looking forward to his winter commute now that he has heated seats! (why didn't I get that in my big van???hmm...)
My sister and her family are coming for a visit next week!! I am very excited. It will be nearly two years since we have seen them, and we have missed them. I can't wait for Asher to meet his cousin Milenah. They are only a month apart (Asher is February 14, and Milenah is March 13, 2008. ) The kids can't wait to play with Kayiah.
School is going. Not so great on most days. It has been a real challenge to fit it all in, especially with Asher. Doing school with a toddler in the home is always a challenge, but Asher brings that idea to new heights. He often has days when he is very cranky, and miserable and clingy. It can be hard to teach with a screaming 18 month old in your arms. But the other kids seem to really go with the flow and are so accomodating of so many interruptions.
Asher goes to Hershey Children's Hospital for an appointment on Monday (21st). I am not sure yet what an Immunologist really does, or what exactly will happen at this appointment so that has been a bit unsettling. He has been on his medication for almost a month now. I am not noticing a big difference at all. Please keep our baby in your prayers.
I was reminded once again of one of my most favorite verses this morning while I read my Bible. Here it is.
"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:16-18
God is good to me. Even though the days with homeschooling have been a struggle, and my little one is miserable and I can't help him feel better, I can rest in the truth that God is good. I hope I can learn to rejoice more, even in the hard days, that is a prayer of mine.
Well, above mentioned little baby is up from his nap, and not happy about it. Gotta go. :) I will update as I am able about Asher's appointment.
3 comments:
Wow! Joel really was a busy guy this summer! I can't wait to see your new house.
Very exciting that your sister is coming up for a visit. What fun that will be for you and the little cousins! There is just something about a visit with your sister!
I'll be praying for you and especially for little Asher.
We are praying for Asher, we know Our God is faithful and Just, but it's deff scary as a mommy! We are more than excited to see you guys too, every morning Kayiah comes up to me and says guess where we are going today? To mommom and poppops house, I have to tell her not today poor thing! She can't wait to play with the cowboy and jeremiah don't know why she picked him. She also saw rachael w/ her doll and reminded me that she doesnt want to play with dolls, just stuffed animals LOL
Praying for you Dani! Let us know how we can help you during this season!! xoxo
Post a Comment