Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Second Birthday, Little Valentine!

Although the snow in Savannah! caused quite a stir, check out this mountain outside my front door! It is quite the feat to back the van out of the driveway without running into the snowy peaks surrounding it!
Rachael and Li-li all sugared up for church! I gave each of the children a pack of sweet-heart candies at breakfast. I think Elijah's was almost gone before we got in the van. I was so happy that Rachael's heart dress still fits. This is one of my favorites. I love having a little girl to dress up.

Valentine's Day is extra special since the birth of Asher two years ago! It is fun to have his Birthday on a special day. This year, Nate suggested a puppy-dog cake. I didn't have any decorating things, so I put this together with different colored icing. The kids thought it was neat. Asher wondered why we were putting hot candles on his tray! We enjoyed a nice lunch with Mom-mom and Pop-pop down the high way and Asher loved his new Curious George Treasury and little people boat that he got as gifts. I loved the two new outfits that he got :)


Asher has brought nothing but joy (and a few sleepless nights!) to this family since the day he arrived! We all love this little one, and cannot believe he is two already. He is growing so fast, talking more each day and endearing himself to his mommy and daddy and four brothers and one sister with each hug and smile. He goes to Nate when he is sad and wants to be carried about, Rachael is his little mommy, Elijah his school time companion, Jeremiah the giver of piggy back rides, and excitement and Benjamin is always sought after to play guns and swords (yes, our two year old loves to play with toy guns!). It is so dear to me to see Nate snuggled on the couch with Asher on his lap, Benny and Eli on either side, and a stack of library books. Asher is one blessed little baby. And we are one very blessed family that God gave us the gift he did in our sweet little Boo. Thank you God, for our special Valentine gift! Continue to bless him, increase his health and save him.



2 comments:

Denae said...

Happy Birthday Asher! Kayiah had lots of fun calling you for your birthday even though Im not sure she actaully talked to you LOL. Our motto is there is no wrong way to have a birthday cake! You can surely keep all that snow, our .9 inches was plenty and Im glad it's gone, alough the kids might disagree.

Linda Gross said...

Happy Birthday Asher!!! I love your sweet smiles and how you explore things at church. I hope you feel how loved you are.

Love,
Miss Linda & Xavier