Friday, March 5, 2010

Week One

Our March is going to be a busy one. I have dubbed it "March Madness". Our family has a lot packed into the next few weeks, and Lord willing, we will make it through with happy hearts and a new appreciation for our normal more laid back schedule.

This week was week one. I had a Dr. appointment. Little baby looks good. I am still measuring ahead, but within normal range. The baby was moving so much the nurse had a very hard time getting a heart beat, but obviously, the baby is doing well! Asher became pretty sick Tuesday evening. He has been running high fevers and is very congested. Back to the Dr. we went. Now he is on medication to clear up ear infections and a sore throat. He is still pretty feverish and wants to do nothing but, "Mommy hold you." and "Rock Mommy." He is either really feeling bad, or milking this for all it is worth :) I am enjoying snuggling my Boo, and having him fall asleep on my chest every few hours. I know he is going to get too big for this before too long. But I do hope that he heals up soon so we can get back to our regularly scheduled chores and schooling. Joel has been out, for various reasons until late every single night this week. The bigger kids are such a help to me that it really wasn't a problem. But I miss him.

Please pray for Asher. He always has diarrea, and the medication is increasing that, so we are being careful that he doesn't dehydrate. Much of our busy-ness is for Asher. He has four separate appointments at Hershey this month. The poor thing hates nurses and Dr's now, and even very painless procedures cause him to cry. it makes this mommy feel so bad for him.

A fun thing this week, is that I let Benny decorate the cake I made for a snack. We have NO store bought goodies of any kind here, and I thought we all needed a bit of sweetness at the end of a rather blah week. I left Benny in the kitchen with the sprinkles, and he used the entire tub of sprinkles on the cake! It is quite colorful! He was pretty pleased with himself! Even Asher rallied enough to eat some icing off the cake we gave him. He smeared the rest all over the tray, which is what has happened to most of his food the last few days.

God is good. All the time, in every season and every long day my God is good. He has given me the strength to "keep on keepin' on" and to (mostly) not grow weary in doing good. He has enabled me to lay aside my homeschool agenda for the week and just care for Asher. He has helped the kids to do lots of school work independently and to be such a huge help to me. Thank you God. May I continue to rely on you this month for the grace I need to accomplish what you have for me each day.

2 comments:

Denae said...

iv been thinking about you guys, mom said asher wasnt feeling well. I can't believe all these birthdays either it really makes me sad. Lord willing we will be up at the end of July for about a month so yay! Praying for Asher. Any idea what nate wants to do for his bday? I really enjoyed reading this post of course I expect some pics next time.

Bonnie said...

Praying for you, friend. Have a good week.