Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Rachael


Rachael the second Mommy
How Rachael prefers to spend her mornings. She is reading Luke a cute little book about Grandmothers. I love how he is all snuggled up to her. Rachael usually gets him up in the morning and brings him downstairs to me on her hip, both of them grinning.

I love Rachael's sidewalk chalk rendition of the Madi family. Too bad we got tons of rain that night and it washed it all away. My little girl is very much a family girl.

Rachael the artiste!
Our artist hard at work. This was Saturday. She was still covered in chicken pox, but feeling way better and wanted to spend some time outside. Hurry up Spring time!!


Rachael the Scientist
Rachael had a great time learning about chemical reactions and changes in her science lesson early last week. It was great fun to watch that balloon expand very quickly. Notice this creative mom's substitution of a baby bottle in for a glass cylinder! Since Joel is not in the High school building this year, he has a hard time collecting chemistry supplies for us to borrow (we always return them) for our experiments so we make do.



Rachael the great big sister and goof ball!
Rachael's sense of humor shining through. She has great fun dressing up the little boys in crazy glasses, or something similar. I LOVE watching my little bean pole carrying that growing baby around on her hip. Pretty soon, he will be able to pick up and carry her around.
I recently had a date with Rachael. It was after a pediatrician appointment for her and we went to McDonalds for hot chocolate. In answering my questions she told me:
Her favorite thing about our family right now is Baby Luke.
and
The only thing she would change, if she could, about our family is: she really wants a baby sister.





4 comments:

Megan said...

Wow - Rachael looks so grown up in these pictures! She is beautiful!! Good thing she has so many brothers to chase away all the boys! :) I would love to have her & Abby play together sometime soon! :) Lets pick a date for the spring.

Oh - and what are you & Joel going to do about her request for a baby sister?! :)

Megan said...

Dani - Rachael looks so grown up in all of these pictures! She is SO beautiful! Good thing she has all of those brothers to scare all the boys away! :) I would love to have her & Abby play together sometime soon - let's plan something for the spring! It has been waaaay to long. :)

some of your cousins said...

Dear Rachael...I like your chalk drawing especially Luke with Aunt Danielle. Ashy

I love you Rachael...I love your picture...Verity

I love you Rachael...Evelyn

Megan said...

Ok - so this is the 3rd time I've tried to leave a comment, but it hasn't worked yet! Maybe the 3rd times the charm? :)

I think Rachael looks SO grown up in all of these pictures! She is absolutely beautiful, Danielle! It's a good thing she has all of those brothers to scare away all the boys! :) I would love to have her & Abby play together sometime soon - we really need to plan something for the spring!