Monday, April 30, 2012

Blessing of Family


First off, no baby news yet!  I am so hopeful that SOON! our little one will arrive, but these babies of mine have always had their own idea of on time arrivals, and they would probably rival an overcrowded airport instead of a science lab.  Lots of delays.  I go tomorrow for my appointment. 

I have been feeling pretty horrible.  Is it OK to admit that in blogworld?  Being 39 weeks plus pregnant, taking care of seven children, homeschooling, outside commitments for Joel and I, a heart-breaking death in the family mid week last week (my Uncle, the one who owned a pet store and gave all of us our first job.  My "first" job lasted from the age of 13 to 20) and I was coming a bit, um unglued. 

Enter wonderful husband and his willingness to call his parents and send all the children off to his parents for a few days. He is a smart man, and knows when his wife is going to lose it. I am so blessed with in-laws who are willing to take care of six children for a few days and all that goes with that.  I know my kids are noisy, and eat a lot, and take a lot of time and care, and I am so thankful for our family and their willingness to help.  The kids are doing well.  Even my Asher, whom I was worried about.  But he is a big boy now and having fun with everyone, and loving to talk to me on the phone. 

I have been trying to rest up.  Rest has been very difficult for me the last few months.  But with just our baby Luke here, it has been a bit easier.  My dear friend, Deb, took me to get my toes done over the weekend (you need nice toes when you go in to labor!) and I chose sparkly red.  Joel and I played hookie from church (GASP) and miraculously Luke slept in until 9 a.m. that day.  We got up late and went out to breakfast.  It felt slightly wrong to be at a diner instead of church, but it was so nice too.  We had a meeting Sunday night, and afterwards I had a good talk and cry with my sister in law.  Another blessing of family. 

And I chose the picture above because of how much I love my mom.  Everyone should have a mom like this, or a friend or sister like her.  She has been at her sister's home all week, along with my Dad, doing whatever they can to help.  That is how she is.  She is a drop everything, and help you kind of mom.  And I am so thankful.  She is probably the reason the baby hasn't come yet.  She has been wanting a May baby.  We have no May birthdays in our family, and she really, really wants one :)  So maybe little boy is trying to get in good with Grandma and staying put at least until tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amy and Brian said...

aww...praying dear friend. and your mommma is so wonderful! I know our family has felt that drop everything care (and from your dad too!)

Gracie and I are so excited to see you and Lukey tomorrow. All night she has been saying "Lukey's house...Asher too" She does not seem to understand that Asher is not going to be there.

Life's Journey said...

Praying for you Danielle. You are a good mom, we have all been there when things get overwhelming. Glad your mom can be so close, and Mom & Dad Madison are there for you as well! Big Hug!!!

Looking forward to meeting your new little one :).

Love to you all,
Trish

~Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. ((HUGS))

Carol Stolte said...

I am very sorry to hear of the death of your uncle. I remember him. I bought MANY pets at 7 seas! My puppy Vooshka (a huskey-lab), and many more dogs, fish, rodents, and reptiles came from his store.