We had a fun, and full Easter holiday this year. We were all so excited that Aunt Nae-Nae and her family were able to join us for a few weeks leading up to Easter, and to celebrate with all our family.
We made lots of hardboiled eggs, but only dyed about 18 or so.
Table decorations and gifts. I had a lot of fun making the Peep's tree decoration for the little kid table. We didn't do easter baskets this year for our children. They had been to our township's Easter egg hunt the week before, and I had a punch bowl filled with chocolates already. So the peep tree it was, in addition to a bowl of m&m's.
A happily written proclamation of just what we are celebrating on Easter Sunday anyway.
My seven beautiful children. I feel so blessed to enjoy life with this family. Joel and I are so thankful for each and every one of these children. I love to see them all dressed up. All my little men, and of course my precious girl, standing out in her pink in the midst of the blue. Asher and Eli loved their hats, and suprised me by keeping them on all day long.
The two, who with God's blessing, are responsible for the happy faces in the previous photo. I am 37 weeks pregnant in this picture. I can't believe how time is flying, I only have a short, short time to wait now to meet our newest little blessing. Who is still without a name....God has surely been good to Joel and I over the nearly fifteen years of marriage we have enjoyed together.
Don't mess with these three little newsboys! The boys were excited to see that their Cuzi had on a hat too. They can be quite a handful together, and trying to get a picture of them together was proving to be hopeless, but these at least captures their true selves.
I love this picture of Nate and Luke. I can't believe how much Luke looks like Jeremiah did at that age.
All the E. family cousins. We quickly took a few pictures BEFORE Sunday dinner, and the games of football that left the pretty clothing grass stained and messy. WE had a great time hosting Easter dinner this year and enjoyed spending the day with our family.
One of three tables set for Easter dinner. This is the big kid table, and it makes me smile as I think about these four growing up together. I can imagine them sitting in Olive Garden or something in a few years, enjoying time together just like they do now.
Joel praying the blessing for our meal. We had a very yummy dinner full of all kinds of favorite, delicious dishes. Mom helped me cook on Saturday and everyone contributed different dishes to the table.
We don't enjoy Easter just because of the chance to get together with the dearest people on earth to us. Oh no, that is a great thing. But the reason we love Easter is the fact that the Dearest in Heaven came to earth to suffer and die and be raised to new life again. To save us from our sins. That is what fills us with joy on Easter and always. Thank you God for your many blessings, but most of all Jesus.
1 comment:
What a specail Easter it was! Oh your poor daffodils,: ( Milenah is proudly showing of the on of the few that made it through the morning, well until we showed up haha. miss you!!! Lots!
Post a Comment