With Joy and Praise we announce the birth of our new son!
Timothy Jordan
Saturday, May 5, 2012
5:25 p.m
Nine pounds, ten ounces and 21 inches long
Timothy means "He who honors and fears God". Jordan means "descended" but we chose it for the truth that God will lead us through the Jordan to the promised land. He will never leave us nor forsake us.
We also think the example of the Biblical Timothy is just perfect for the youngest brother in a large family.
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity" I Timothy 4:12
Nothing can compare to those first snuggles after all that hard work! We were not surprised by the size of Timothy (the same exact weight as big brother, Luke). He made me work pretty hard at the end, but it was all worth it. Sunday morning Joel brought the family up to meet their new brother. Every one looked so nice, and they behaved so well, we got lots of smiles as they walked down the hall way to my room. Baby Timothy has a huge crowd of adoring fans already. Luke keeps saying "Hi Timmy" and expecting him to return the salutation, it is very cute.
My mom and dad came up with Joel and the kids also. My mom welcoming her 14th grandchild!!! They have been helping Joel and I out with the children this week, and I am so glad for it.
More visitors came on Sunday including my brother, CB and his family. All my nieces LOVED cuddling little Timothy. My little nephew liked the buttons on my bed, but thought the baby was pretty neat too!
Not a surprise to us that Timothy has jaundice. Most of our babies do to some degree. My babies are delivered quickly and that causes bruising which contributes to the jaundice. This type of billi-bed was new for us, and it works extra fast because the baby's entire body is on the lights, so the bile breaks down faster.
All dressed and ready to go home. I was anxious to get home this time. With the jaundice that Timothy had we had a pretty good stream of doctors and nurses in and out of our room during our stay, so going home seemed so welcome. Joel came to get us after school on Monday.
Daddy and Mommy and baby number eight. We are so thankful for the family that God gave us. Can't believe it has been 13 years since we brought home our first bouncing baby boy.
Rachael made us a pretty sign with side-walk chalk to match the seven eager faces at the door awaiting the arrival of their brother.
Now the labor story. If you don't like them, you should skip this next part.
I am so glad that I did not have to be induced. I really wanted to do without that this time, but it seemed like the time that the midwife was going to allow the baby to stay on the inside was coming to a close.
Saturday morning at four I woke up to some contractions. Enough that I got out of bed and went downstairs to pace and drink iced-tea and wonder if/when I should wake up Joel and call my mom. By six a.m it seemed that things were fizzling out, so I went upstairs to lay down again. I told Joel that I "thought" today was the day, but nothing much was happening now. By seven a.m I called my mom to let her know what was going on. I went for a long walk with Nathanael, which was special. It was such a gorgeous morning and it was nice to walk and talk with my oldest. I was hoping to get contractions going again, I was kind of discouraged that things had stopped.
Things went like this all morning. I actually had a great morning with my mom and neighbor Deb and friend Bonnie, who were all here together for some time, it was like a little party. We ate lunch together ( I had a subway sandwich and chips as my get me into labor lunch) and sat around talking and laughing.
After lunch the contractions came back, and hard. This labor was so different for me, I have never had start and stop labor before. I would have two or three good contractions then nothing for a half hour or more. Then I would repeat this. I am so glad it was Saturday because I never would have called Joel home in time with these erratic contractions. One in particular made me think, "This is the real deal." So I started to get things around to go.
At about 2:45 we arrived at the hospital and I was so, so, so very happy to hear I was at 7cm!!!!! I had to be monitored for a short time, but then got to have the labor I wanted, in the whirl pool tub. It was wonderful. I stayed in until I was almost complete. I had to get out to deliver the baby. That part wasn't so fun, he is a big boy and I had to work very hard. I was stuck at 9.5 cm for a while, but in the end, he came with very little pushing and no complications at all. I was at the hospital just about three hours before our sweet boy arrived. No IV, no induction, no monitors!! I was so glad to see that I could still do this, I was beginning to feel that my body had given up on having a baby without lots of medical help. I wasn't so sure at the end if I made the right choice about the "no epidural", it was missed sorely that half hour!
We debated about his name for about an hour or two, with Joel making the final decision. I am very happy with it, and think it suits a littlest brother perfectly.
So that is the story of how Timothy Jordan came in to the world. We are thanking God for a healthy baby and a safe and quick delivery.
Timothy and I are doing well. He is having a hard time getting the hang of nursing. But everything else is going very well.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
8 comments:
yay Pictures! i have been anxiously clicking around the computer for days, even solicited Shannon to snap a pic on her phone for me lol!Welcome home baby Timothy
He is beautiful! I'm so happy for you. His birth was a gift, that's for sure. What fun to visit with friends in the early stage of labor! Enjoy this precious time. You look wonderful. :)
Congrats and what a sweet family you have!!! Happy babymoon!!
Yeah Danielle! thanks for posting the pictures and the story. I have been stalking your blog often to catch a glimpse! So cute! Love seeing the whole family together at the hospital. Such a joyful moment!
Congratulations, welcome home and hope to meet Timothy very soon!
~Bonnie
Congratulations! I too have been stalking your blog in hopes of some pictures and stories about your new little one :) He looks so tiny in the big car seat...and so very sweet :)
We are so happy for you all, Danielle! What a precious little boy! Thank you so much for sharing pictures!
Yay! So, so glad he is finally here. Cannot wait to meet this precious boy<3
Awesome!!!!!!!
Post a Comment