Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The first two and a half weeks

 How have we been passing our time here?  Snuggling our Snuggles....
... Sitting with our big boy, trying to stay cool.....
 ....enjoying moments of quiet when we find them....
 ....playing photographer, I love the little sneakers on the bottoms of these pants! ....
 ....Happy to get a few nice shots of a peaceful baby....

....and a few that more accurately reflect what has been on around here lately.

Timothy Jordan turned 3 weeks already on Saturday.  Oh, time goes too fast for this mommy.  We have been loving him, despite it being a real challenge lately.  Timothy weighed ten pounds even last Wednesday at the pediatrician, so he is already growing.  It was funny, the nurse charted his weight on the little graph they keep, and remarked, "He is in the 40th% tile." 
"Are you sure?" I asked. 
Well he would be in the fortieth percentile if he was 2 MONTHS old, instead of two weeks!  He is well off the top of the chart for weight for the time being anyway.  I think he is already losing some of the chunk he was born with.  He is looking longer and not quite as chubby.  We also think his hair is coming in reddish.  I am kind of pleased with this, I always wanted a red head, but time will tell what color he really ends up with. 
Timothy is still being a real stinker with eating.  And has now progressed to soy formula for supplements and we are probably on our way to the expensive stuff if the soy doesn't seem to do the trick.  But maybe, maybe he will start to nurse soon?  We are keeping up with the trying for the time being. 
It has been hot here, almost as hot as Savannah, I am sure.  No one has been real pleased to sit around and sweat all day, and Timothy is no exception.  I can't swaddle him in this heat, and he is still freaked out by his arms moving around.  But it is supposed to cool down a bit soon.  The big kids are begging to go to the pool, but I don't think I am quite up for that outing yet, but the thought of that cold water sure sounds tempting.  Summer has arrived.   

3 comments:

Denae said...

Pictures YAY! he does look a little redheaded in a few of those shots now Im so curious. 1 pic he kinda reminded me of Benny and maybe me a little bit in the 1st one lol. Wish I could hold him. Love you

Julie said...

Danielle - I love that one of him sleeping soundly in green with the little rocket-ship. So Peaceful and very much little baby :) I enjoyed seeing him a bit on Sunday... all snuggled in his blue blanket.

Tracy said...

He's so big!! You are working so hard and it shows. So wonderful to see such growth for all of your efforts.

I hope it cools down for you soon. We have just a touch of humidity here and there and I'm already not liking the stickiness when nursing.