Waiting for the Memorial Day Parade to begin. As usual, it was a hot and muggy morning.
No more sitting in strollers for these two big boys. They were eager to start collecting candy that the parade participants throw as they walk down the street. All the children enjoyed the free balloons.
A bad picture, but here are Joel and Benny walking with the rest of the cubscouts in the parade. Benny saved lots of candy to throw when he saw all his brothers, cousins and friends from church.
What big brothers are good for. Timothy loves to snuggle (just like that) and Nate likes to snuggle him back. I am so glad that I have other snugglers here during the day, because is can be a bit time consuming.
Sweet Timothy at four weeks old.
Joel and the five oldest went on a hike one Sunday afternoon. I stayed home to do naptime with the three youngest. This place is very close by, and we had never been there before. It is very pretty and Rachael got some nice pictures.
One Month old. I find it hard to believe that time goes by so fast anymore. It has been a blur of activity here, and Timothy keeps on growing.
Another shot of our sweet baby at one month old.
Capturing the Transit of Venus on paper. Joel used his telescope to get a look at Venus passing in front of the sun. It only happens in over a hundred years. Well, actually twice in a hundred years, as they come in pairs, seven years apart (if I remember correctly). Nate was helping Joel out, holding the paper steady.
The little boys playing with Rachael's Calico Critters. They are surprisingly gentle and kind to the bunny family and the camper that they live in.
Taken yesterday, five weeks old. Timothy is now 10 pounds 14 ounces!!! A big chunk of love!!
Some one is about to turn two years old already!!!!!!!
The month passed by in a blur. Mostly of holding Timothy as he screamed and writhed in my arms. As I paced around the kitchen, rocked in my rocking chair, swayed in the living room, cried on the couch. The feeling that this is not just normal baby crying becoming stronger in my head.
What we have tried this month:
Chiropractic adjustments for Timothy
Homeopathic gas drops (catnip and fennel, recomended by the chiro.)
Zantac
regular formula, "gentle" formula, soy formula powdered and liguid.
Timothy went back to the pediatrician on Monday. I was actually glad that he was screaming so heartily the whole time of his exam. Both pediatricians talked to me. Both agreed that this wasn't normal. So now we are giving Timothy Zantac three times a day at an increased dose, and we have switched formulas again to Nutramigen. And we have a prescription waiting in the wings (actually on my fridge) for an even more hypo-allergenic formula, Neocate, that we will try if we don't notice a huge difference in Timothy's symptoms. The Nutramigen is double the cost of regular formula, but the Neocate, which is prescription only and is pretty much the infant version of the formula the Asher needed, is sixty bucks a can!!! How do they get away with that? We'll see what the insurance company has to say about covering the cost. So far, we all agree that Timothy is in general, a happier baby. He still cries. A lot. But not all-day-long, red faced, tense body and in pain. I feel so bad for my sweetie. It is hard to care for a screaming baby all day, and his seven bigger siblings, but I feel so bad for him being in pain. We are praying that this combination really helps. And that some semblance of normal returns here to our home. It has been anything but normal, and things are backing up. But I know that this is a season, and it will pass.
It has been absolutely gorgeous here, weather wise. I haven't been outside too much, but do try to get out to sit on my swing for a bit each day, and hang up the clothes in the sunshine. Timothy and I have enjoyed some late night strolls up and down the side walk. Up and down, up and down. I know the hot and humid will be coming back soon!
1 comment:
aww those parade pics made me wish we could have been there too. We are praying for baby Timothy that his belly feels better soon. He looks so adorable esp in the pic where you are holding him! What a cutie! Love the one with Nate holding him so precious but a painful reminder of just how fast it goes. Lukey happy 2nd bday buddy I can't believe you are almost 2! love you miss you! call me if you ever want and I will call you back!
Post a Comment