Friday, October 5, 2012

Five Months with Timothy

 Timothy is five months old today!  He is growing in so many ways.  He is a BIG baby, at least I think so.  He takes seven ounce bottles now and wears 3-6 months clothing.  He cut his first tooth on Monday, which was a very exciting thing for the children to discover.  He is also rolling all over.  We found him about six feet away from his activity gym that I had placed him under a few minutes earlier.  Overall, Timothy is a happier baby, however, he still gives us at least one crying spell a day.  He sleeps through the night about half the time.  Thank you God for baby Timmy!
 Our new family/school room.  It is a pale yellow color, which I was nervous about.  It almost looks like cream instead of yellow, and it is nice and cheerful even in the gloomy weather we have had of late. 
 Elijah is growing by leaps and bounds!  I can't believe how much he has grown this summer.  He is also learning to read!  Isn't it awesome to watch them read their first words and story?!  One of the best things about homeschooling. Elijah read the first two "stories" in his primer this week!  
Yah-yah turned twelve the middle of last month!  He requested meatball sandwiches and donuts instead of cake. I made lots of meatballs and Joel brought home 2 dozen donuts.  Jeremiah was thrilled with his big-kid gift of a watch.  Red, his favorite color. Jeremiah is still very energetic and school is just not his favorite, even though he does very well.  His favorites would be air-soft, bike riding, rollerblading, and helping with the construction.  If he had to pick a favorite school subject it would be history.  Like most young men, he loves to learn about wars.  He also enjoys geography.

 We celebrated with my parents on Jeremiah's birthday, and then enjoyed a visit from Joel's parents a day later.  It is so hard to believe that my babies are all getting so big.  Both of the bigger boys are off on a camp-out tonight with the other teen boys in our church.  It has all gone by so fast, which makes those very hard days of homeschooling so worth it. 

Our addition is coming along.  Our house is an absolute mess.  Trying to live with ten people in a house under construction has been challenging, but it is so exciting to watch it coming together.  My dad has been coming to paint this last week.  Lots of things have been happening, but not much photo-worthy.  More insulation blown in, the trim guy here for a few days, picking out flooring and lighting, some shutters are up, others are waiting.  We still need some electrical work done, the porch finished and lots of odds and ends.  But it is coming along!  Soon I will have some more pictures to post, in the meantime I need to get going.  We have a friend of Benny's over for the night and I think they need more pop-corn! 

Ps-Dena'e my mailbox is sooooo sad :(  it is crying and so lonely without your letter to warm it up!  No more pictures for anyone until I have your letter in my hand! 

1 comment:

Amy and Brian said...

Denae!! send a letter, please!! We love the pictures!! (ok, doesn't count that I get to physically see them all, at least once a week.)
Danielle wants more pics from my blog, so I will make a deal,,no pics for her til you get her a letter...Bahahaha.

I can believe how big Timmy's getting:o/ Why do these babies have to get so big? And happy birthday Jeremiah!