Sunday, October 21, 2012

Take a look at what we've been up to!

 Well, my sister finally mailed me a nice (and long) letter, so I will put the pictures up of what we have been up to in October.  Above is the hole cut in my dining room for the two windows we decided to put in there.  It is incredible the amount of light that comes in now, and I am so happy we did it.  It really makes the dining room and kitchen seem more open.
 A very busy Friday.  We had carpeting installed and hosted caregroup that night.  I also was scheduled for snacks and drinks.  Thankfully, Rachael loves to bake, and she lets Luke help her.  I am so glad for the help my big kids are.  Rachael is so patient and kind to Luke and enjoys doing all these fun things with him.  And she makes good peppermint brownies too!
 Family room/homeschooling room.  With carpeting and ceiling lights and smoke alarms.  The laundry area is still not finished.  This weekend Joel hung blinds, which I got for an awesome deal!  Now I need to make some curtains. And think about furniture.  For now, the kids are enjoying a big empty room to play in.
 This side is the little boys' room.  The carpet is a nice tan color and looks good with the green walls.  I went with three shades of green in the boys' rooms, and it looks really nice.  Thanks,  Dad.  We could never have done it as well, or as fast.  No way.  After painting all day at work, my dad spent many evenings painting at my house and got to enjoy dinner with us a few nights.
 Looking the other way.  This part of the room is for Nate, Jeremiah and Benny.  We have the furniture in now, and I will take some pictures soon.  We still need to hang shades and I need to make curtains for these rooms also, right now we have sheets hanging up for privacy.  The view out the windows couldn't be more beautiful, a perfect view of our mountain in fall colors!
 Outside.  Ninety percent done.  A railing was built on the porch as well as stairs.  We still need some shutters hung.  There are other odds and ends that will probably be done this week.  Grass will probably have to wait until spring, I think it is too cold for that to grow? 
 A side view. 
 Hi! Little cutie-pie.  Timothy is getting up on his hands and knees, but can't go anywhere.  We just bought him a Johny-jump-up thing, which he loves.  He is a sweet baby, and we are so glad for his little life. 
 Timothy was dedicated at church this Sunday.  The only picture I have of the event (thank you, Jeremiah).  What a special day.  My parents and Joel's parents were able to come have a nice lunch with us.  I tried macaroni and cheese in the crock pot.  I hate cheese, but eveyone said it tasted good.  It seemed very cheesy.  We also had ham, brocolli salad, potato salad and pumpkin pie cake.  It was extra special since Joel's parents were celebrating their fiftieth anniversary this weekend.  Congratulations Mom and Dad.  We love you both. 
What my dining room looks like right now, except I am sitting at that computer :)  Not bad after a busy day with guests for lunch.  I am pretty happy with the curtains I made for the dining room window, I took my big curtain apart that used to hang on my sliding door, so they were free!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY!!!!! I love all you have done!!! Colors, curtains, decorating so far...all look great. I love the outside shot too. Can't wait to get another tour...I'll have to schedule one with Asher again ;-) And of course the pics of the kiddos are always great. Love you!

Amy and Brian said...

Love it!

Denae said...

Love it too i'm having a little trouble understanding the schoolroom lay out is that door right there to the mud room thats my guess. wish I could see it in person. I will be writing shortly : )

Tracy said...

It all looks so wonderful. So much more space!