The master bedroom. For the last five years this room was the boys' room. It feels nice to be back in our old room. I liked our other, smaller room for the cozyness of it, but it is nice to have a bit more space. We also have a queen sized bed now, but I am missing my other bed that we left for Rachael to use in her room. This one is not nearly as soft. In fact it is rather brick-like. But it is nice to have more space to spread out. Joel probably appreciates this more than me, because I can be a bed hog. :)
Timothy's cozy corner in our bedroom. I don't think I am quite ready to move him over to the boys' room. He gets up very early in the morning, often before five, and I don't want the rest of them up that early. The blue glider is my favorite seat in the house. So many precious times of rocking my babies in that chair. I keep a basket of books; baby books, gospel books, and a few cartoon books right next to the chair.
The little boys' side of the room. Eli has the top (he was excited about this, that used to be Jeremiah's spot) and Asher has the bottom. I don't have dressers for the little guys, so their clothing is stored in the plastic bins in the room.
Looking in to the bigger boys' room. Jeremiah has the single bed, and Nate and Benny have the wooden bunk-bed that would be all the way to the left. I made the valances, but there is one more shade to hang. One that I had purchased was ripped, so I had to replace it and haven't gotten around to hanging it yet. All our children's books are located on the bookshelf.
Little Lukie was promoted to a "big boy" bed. I love his blankie and paci awaiting nap-time. Luke is pretty pleased with himself to now be in the big boy's room. He is doing an excellent job obeying and staying in bed.
Look at all that sunshine! It has been rather gloomy weather around here the last few weeks, so it was wonderful to enjoy a morning's worth of pure sunlight. The addition has nice large windows to let in lots of light. This crib is in Rachael's old room, and is waiting for Timothy.
Rachael's rather bare-walled room. It really is prettier in real life. I am very excited about the silk Pottery Barn curtains I found for FOUR DOLLARS!!! Rachael probably has the most nicely dressed window in the whole house. I did find nice Levelor cordless blinds for the family room at a super cheap price too! I love finding expensive things that I could never afford at a huge discount!
The family room is still pretty bare. I have moved the big over-stuffed comfy chair back there, and a rocking chair. But it is mostly used as you see above; as a big open space to run around in. The children have taken to carrying each other around on their shoulders and racing around the room. They will probably be disappointed when I fill the room with school books and other not so fun things.
Thanks for touring our home. If you came here in person, Luke would love to show you around. He takes every one upstairs to see all the rooms and tells them where everyone sleeps and where they keep their stuff. He is so cute.
4 comments:
yay for house pictures, girly bedroom, big boy beds and extra room!
Thanks for the tour! I don't know where you fit all those boys before, but I bet they're loving their new space. How fun that Lukie gets to be in with all the big boys now, too :)
Keri-the master bedroom had two sets of bunks and a toddler bed in it, housing five boys. Luke shared a room with Rachael and Timothy once he was born shared with mommy and daddy. The MB is pretty large so it worked fine. But it is a blessing to have more room now!
Danielle - this is wonderful!!! I love how you set everything up and it all seems so nice! Like the bookshelf spot... lots of shelves for books :) I love the crib nook too. My favorite bed though has to be Luke's - that is so sweet and fun - especially with the camo spread! So glad I got a peek into your renovations... thank you for sharing all these pictures! Maybe I can visit sometime and get Luke's grand tour too :)
Post a Comment