We have all kinds of things going on in this house, most of them are not so fun. Timothy is recovering from bronchiolitis/pnuemonia. He is doing really well, but is still congested and fussy. The rest of the children have varying degrees of the creeping crud that seems to hit every winter. Sniffles, belly aches, random acts of puking (and then acting fine), being more tired than usual. Joel and I are doing well, so far.
So my big question is: Will this be ended and will we back on the road far away from Crudville by this weekend? Friday starts the Christmas celebration marathon here in our home, with a party here with our quickly growing caregroup, (don't worry if we are better I will faithfully disinfect all hard surfaces and wash all the hand towels in bleach before the party), then our church's Christmas celebration, then a family party that we love, then of course Christmas day with lots of visiting.
Since Joel will be off the week after Christmas it is almost a guarantee that someone or lots of someones will be sick. I am not just saying that. I think in the past half dozen years, we have managed to have a sick, sometimes extremely sick, child during his breaks. Rachael in the hospital for a week the one year, an Easter break spent in the same hospital a few years later. Last year we managed to make it to the first week of January before meeting our insurance deductables with a hosptitalized Luke. Even MLK Jr. day is not left alone. We have hit that one numerous times.
So we are at war here. The washer machine is filled with a beloved pillow pet (which really throws the machine off of balance) and assorted bed linens and loveys, the kids are tucked in and all is quiet for now. I am really hoping we can get this out of the house soon. I am armed with the clorox wipes, the clorox in the wash water and the lysol spray. I am ready to do battle!
And in between battling the C.C. I have to find some time to wrap the presents that are not-so-hidden in my bedroom closet. And tackle that holiday to-do list that I wrote on the back of the church bulletin today. And to remember to enjoy this all. That is what is most important. I did really enjoy taking a jammie day today and I read six chapters of Winnie the Pooh to the little boys. How I love that book!, maybe more than the children. The other kids did art and science and read some books, and loafed around in their sweatpants and jammies. A good day overall. And we enjoyed making homemade pizza for dinner ( maybe not the best choice for the puking) and adding another character (tonight it was a cow) to our advent calendar.
And a little note of how VERY MUCH I love having my washer and dryer up on the main level now, right off the family room. Steps to the back door (if it would ever stop raining I could hang out all this washing) and so much nicer than lugging load after load up and down the basement steps! Yay for the mudroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment